The All-Inclusive Fall Megadive Thread (October 3-5 2008)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one!

Turkey Roost is ours that first weekend!

I'll talk over the group payment option with David and Jean and others to see if it's worth the trouble. It could potentially save some coin, but it would require paying in advance. The biggest money saver would be a group rate for diving.

Turkey Roost is ours that first weekend!

I'll talk over the group payment option with David and Jean and others to see if it's worth the trouble. It could potentially save some coin, but it would require paying in advance. The biggest money saver would be a group rate for diving.

I think if Ginnie Springs will commit to a mininum # to quailify for a group rate for both diving & camping. We would be able to better judge if its worth the effort. We have many folks that make it to every Mega-dive.

Just my 2 cents

Jah Jah is a salty! Jah Jah is a salty!

SAY IT AIN'T SO !!! :confused:
And I worked SO HARD at it too ... (cry) :(

Don't worry about the group rate if you can't get it. Da Wet Rock Wallet has it covered :D

Now Da Fool , don't go getting all hot and bothered over some t-shirt. It's still over a month away...(you dingy) :rofl3:
Must be a rum bottle open somewhere and you all caught the vapors (ERP)

OK , that's enough from Alabama...
I think I drank too much Diet Coke and it's time for bed.
Me brain is fried-ola.

I am also going to check about getting some light-sticks over the 'net from somewhere. Maybe get a bunch of them in bulk etc.

Tanx!
The OVERCOOKED Bean Bag
AKA Just being silly this evening-morning...(EEK)

P.S.
JaJa: We might be there LATE Friday night for a dive at Devils. If your around , stop on down. If not , I'll catch up with you sometime this weekend (or next week) at the shop and we can chat about the rates etc. :D

And yes, thanks to ScubaJenny's extreme kindness, I have now gotten much more saltwater diving in :D I saw some pretty cool stuff down there....Thank you Jenny!!!

For camping, the group rate starts at 30 people for two nights with atleast $800 spent on camping. For diving, it's much lower, the lowest rate starts with less than 20 divers :D The camping rate goes down about $3, the diving rate goes down more....what is that rule that cavers follow for planning? I'd give you straight numbers but while the group camping information is given out freely, Ginnie prefers to keep their diving group info a little more confidential, so I am hesitant to quote from the documents they have given me for the group too much on an internet forum.

We can definitely meet the minimums for a scuba group. The annoying thing is, group rates are supposed to be done as a single payment. That means everyone has to pay me or Jean and then Jean or I pay Ginnie. So if any SBer doesn't pay for whatever reason, that money comes out of pocket and that ain't fair. So the only way to do it is to have people pay in advance and give Ginnie Springs a guest list to let them know who is in the group and has paid, anyone not on the list gets to pay full price.

It can be a hassle, especially with a group coming from all over Florida, instead of being a group that meets often in one place.

I don't mind paying in advance, but then you have checks coming in from all over and/or setting up paypal account and having additional fees.

So has anyone heard from Andy? Perhaps Major Papez has kidnapped him again?

Andy really should be more careful. The last time we had to rescue him, three of our best muskrat special operators were killed.

Is he worth it????
Oh, nevermind, about that question. His entertainment around the fire will become legendary in his mind! :rofl3:

Zipties anybody?

Looks like I should be able to make it this time (finally!). I have a pretty expensive football weekend the weekend after, so I'll have to budget the month before, but I should be able to make it happen.

Danny

jean has his number. jean, call andy & tell him to plan to bring his sheep on over!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom