The All-Inclusive Fall Megadive Thread (October 3-5 2008)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

or eggs. i was thinking eggs. or flaming marshmallows. or dirty diapers! just kidding on the last one...

Where could we get a good supply of dirty diapers? After an afternoon of launching those at tubers, I bet that Ginnie would be quite happy for us to go back to water balloons.

Let's get a date set we can figure out what to launch later.
David are you or Ken running the fall event ?
Has anyone checked with Ginnie to see what dates are open ?

We had 80+ at Venice 2 weeks ago, who knows how many we can get to attend with the proper lead time.

Roxanne and I will attend reguardless of the weekend. As always you know we are happy to help.

I am kinda hoping that Ken will poke his li'l head out of his hole and take over, but at the moment it appears as though I am in charge. Isn't that a scary thought?

I really don't want to conflict with Vortoberfest dates, and DEMA weekend is probably a bad idea as well. I am hoping for more input from everyone on what dates will work the best before we make a final decision. Right now, I am leaning toward the second weekend of October. I have to go out of town earlier in the week for two days, and really didn't want to miss that much time from work all in the same time period. However, I am thinking of taking my vacation time that week, so as to get up there early and get some diving in before the weekend.

Ok it looks like the first or second weekend in October will be the best options. Either weekend is good for us and will not conflict any other events. There will never be a perfect date for everyone but the sooner we pick a date it will allow more people to plan on atttending.

Just my 2 cent :wink:

That sounds like a good weekend for me!

Count us in as well....
For that matter just pencil Shelly & myself in
as life long fixtures for this event.

David, Is there any way we might
get together for a clean-up perhaps as part of this?
They sure make for a good days diving,compensated or not.

Also, What about maybe camping back
up in the electric sites or along Ginnie's run?

So much walking traffic seems to go thru the Turkey Roost
as it has the tubing route running thru there)

Also, the tents end up seperated from the campfire,
which tends to divide the group up and
the restroom/showers are so far
from Turkey Roost.

Some thoughts from Brewone0to's post:

EW section is another $7 every night, and far from the water. It would also be very wise to reserve the sites and that would be just a little more complicated than the current reserving Turkey Roost scheme, but definitely doable. (note: the $7 is for the site and is not a per-person fee)

Ginnie's run (Ginnie Point) is a walking-to-it site, no cars. Not to mention, the ginnie bathhouse sees a lot of use, and it'll be pretty busy with foot traffic too, as the tube trail runs right by it as well.

The tents do end up seperated from the campfire, but we could definitely change that, it's all about where people put their tents :D Some tents will end up a little further away, but I think with a little better planning we could divide Turkey Roost up better to make it more workable for us.

I cannot wait for the Megadive!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom