The All-Inclusive Fall Megadive Thread (October 3-5 2008)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless there is a widespread support for moving the event, I would be loath to move it. Every other location that we have considered/tried falls short of the Turkey Roost in many ways.The only spot that might not get the foot traffic might be Ginnie Point. But that, as Gibby said, is walk-in only. Possibly a couple of us could park in the campsite just up the road from where we camp, and pitch a spare tent there for whomever might show up late at night.

I am all for keeping it at the Turkey Roost. The other places we tried in years back were not as condusive to diving.
The deal with splitting the tents up is based on personal preference. Since the campfire can wane into the wee hours of the morning, some folks opted to tent away from the fire. Others also chose to tent away for personal reasons (snoring, kids, etc).
Looking forward to the megadive. Hermit Crab says she wants to dive... just not in the cavern. Whoo HOO!

Turkey Roost is not available the weekends of the 10th, 16th and 24th.

David: pm me and we can talk about available dates and another option or two.

Turkey Roost is not available the weekends of the 10th, 16th and 24th.

David: pm me and we can talk about available dates and another option or two.

Did you tell them we are SCUBABOARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who dares to take our annual campsite ???? It maybe time to release the RABID OTTERS to reclaim our area.

But as a backup plan we are ok with the first weekend, however I think we gotta move on a firm date soon before there are NO weekends for a group of our size.

Just thinking out loud.

(pokes her head out of the ground)...(shakes off white sand).

HEY , DID SOMEONE SAY MEGADIVE???!!!???!!! :D :D :D

Seriously , David/JaJa , let me know what I can do with RESERVING things (like sites/dates). JaJa , I can stop over to the shop and we can chat about it a bit. Once EVERYONE gets a date set , I can slap some GREENish stuff on it and well , we will go from there :D

So , (ahem) , this is my attempt to get like , er , uh , seriously involved in this Fall Megadive. I don't handle cooking very well , but I can handle logistics parts very well. (SMILE)

Btw: I have been absent due to a left-leg infection. But it's getting better and soon should be gone. It's kept me out of the water for QUITE A WHILE (WAHHHHH)...

So BabyDucky: Er , if you come down , are you going to get that pretty little head of yours wet??? :eyebrow:

Jeano of Beano
AKA I don't like BEING DRY (wahhhhh)

that's my thought if i can bring a nanny!! dive dive dive! gosh, i hope your leg heals quickly & well.

and david, i have a baby who is a wonderful source of dirty diapers...bring on the trebuchet!!

I'm gonna go ahead and mention that we think we want the date...they know who we are but we actually aren't all that big of a group compared to some of the larger groups that come in....so we have clout, but not that much clout :D

We'd have more clout and get a slightly cheaper rate if we'd make a single payment, but that would require someone keeping track of who has paid and who hasn't and it gets messy, especially for people who decide to come last minute, if they wanted the cheaper rate. :( Still it is doable and if there was interest in it and we had enough people, I could help with keeping track of all that.

I'm gonna go ahead and mention that we think we want the date...they know who we are but we actually aren't all that big of a group compared to some of the larger groups that come in....so we have clout, but not that much clout :D

We'd have more clout and get a slightly cheaper rate if we'd make a single payment, but that would require someone keeping track of who has paid and who hasn't and it gets messy, especially for people who decide to come last minute, if they wanted the cheaper rate. :( Still it is doable and if there was interest in it and we had enough people, I could help with keeping track of all that.

We tried the group thing and the cheaper rate one year, and it was a cluster ****! the messiness was not worth it. However, I am all for trying it again, especially if you are willing to take it on! ! Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom