Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just talked to Richard & Michelle of Dive-Tronix today. They emailed the RMA & I sent it out to them this afternoon with a small USPS box for ~ $10.

Before I sent it off, I checked again its battery since I recharged it to 100% two days ago. It was down to 82%. That is 9% / day.

Then I used its Bluetooth to download my last trip 36 dives to Shearwater Cloud, since they might replace the circuit board during the repair. The downloading job took another 2% juice out of it. So it’s sent out with 80% charge still in it.

So I changed my vote, accordingly.

We’ll see what their diagnosis. It should still be under the 2 years warranty.
Received it from Dive -Tronix yesterday.

Service report indicates that:
- Circuit board amperage draw is to be within specifications.
- Battery was bad.
- Items replaced: Battery, Bezel Screws (6), Chasis o-ring, Depth Sensor Foil
- Additional items included in the return package: two packs of Teric screen protectors.

Checked the battery charge today, after 8 days since it was charged to 100%, it's still at 100%.

I've had my most recent replacement Teric for a while now, so far, so good, battery consumption a little less than 0.3% per day. I'll be diving it quite intensely for 10 days starting next week, hope the good performance continues

So, in the middle of March I was able to do 18 dives. Charged my Teric when I got back home and the battery performance has been great, losing bit less than 0.2% per day.

I'm diving again in a few days for a week. I'm cautiously optimistic I got a good one this time, time will tell.
I did 20 dives over a week in April. I charged my Teric after I got home and am happy to report that the battery performance remains excellent. It stayed at 100% for 10 days and is now at 96% after 20 days

So, after a black screen, two AI antenna failures, and two bad batteries since May 2019, I'm hoping my 5th Teric will be the charm :)

Both of mine have been doing so well that state of charge is even a thought. I usually check it a few days before a dive, charge if it’s in the 20% range. Charging is so infrequent that I never really think about it. I think they have the battery thing figured out.

I did 20 dives over a week in April. I charged my Teric after I got home and am happy to report that the battery performance remains excellent. It stayed at 100% for 10 days and is now at 96% after 20 days

So, after a black screen, two AI antenna failures, and two bad batteries since May 2019, I'm hoping my 5th Teric will be the charm :)
Same here. It has been 22 days since my Teric’s battery was replaced, Guess how much of the battery charge left. 👇

I just noticed that it’s still on old time setting of June 13, 2018. 😃.

19A486DD-8DA6-4810-A732-5B4306CF186E.jpeg

Great news, 36 days and I'm down to just 90%. Even better news, going down to Florida tomorrow for a week of diving in Boynton Beach and Jupiter :)

Great news, 36 days and I'm down to just 90%. Even better news, going down to Florida tomorrow for a week of diving in Boynton Beach and Jupiter :)
I check mine today and it goes down to 90% also after 37 days. I did mess around with it, correcting the clock & date, which they did not correct them after the battery replaced, lost 2% while doing that earlier. If I didn’t do that, it could still be about 92%.

I started this thread more than 2 years ago. I am optimistic that I am off the Teric problem list. I've had my current Teric since Jan 2022 and after 4 dive trips/57 dives, my battery use is less than 0.5%/day over a month.

The Teric is a great computer. Shearwater has excellent service and I hope they have overcome the problems they have had with the Teric.

I'm going down to Florida very soon to give my Teric another workout :). Best of luck to all my fellow Teric owners.

I started this thread more than 2 years ago. I am optimistic that I am off the Teric problem list. I've had my current Teric since Jan 2022 and after 4 dive trips/57 dives, my battery use is less than 0.5%/day over a month.

The Teric is a great computer. Shearwater has excellent service and I hope they have overcome the problems they have had with the Teric.

I'm going down to Florida very soon to give my Teric another workout :). Best of luck to all my fellow Teric owners.
Even my worst one would not interfere with a dive trip, it would just require charging every day after 5 dives, my latest (more than a year, maybe two) has no daily not in use noticeable drain.

Had mine serviced again (3rd time) and buddy's for 1st time. Both with battery issue. Shearwater recommended not using fast change - maybe is the issue.

I have been tracking mine every 2 weeks since last fall and it seems to be doing well. I am averaging about 2-3% a week in storage (powered off with compass and AI both off).

Back
Top Bottom