Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Teric just got back from service for a broken AI antenna. According to them, almost all of the components were replaced along the way and it was on its way back to me in like 3 days. Very impressed with the service. Mine was a couple years old, but only had about 40 dives on it. It only died when I updated to V. 21, I think. Weird.
Hmm I might be in the same boat as you.

My AI antenna's broken too and I did a V. 22 upgrade - unfortunately I didn't check whether AI was working prior to the upgrade, so I don't know if it's a coincidence or firmware-induced.

It was last working in Nov 2021, then I did some diving in Feb 2022 with AI turned off, and in Mar 2022 I upgraded to V. 22 and found out later that AI stopped working.

I believe that the usual AI antenna loss is a disconnection between the antenna and the circuit board. Apparently, the connection is delicate and is sometimes broken with trauma, i.e., dropping the computer. Neither of the computers in which I had antenna failure had suffered any trauma.

The antenna comes pre-attached to the circuit board, both are replaced to remedy this problem in a repair. When this problem occurs, the computer will not pair with the transmitter unless it is essentially in direct contact or very, very close.

I have not heard of AI antenna loss being related to firmware upgrade. You could send off a message to Richard and Michele Morton at Dive-Tronix divetronixllc@yahoo.com

Have had my Teric for 2 years, 150+ dives as a backup to a Perdiz using the same AI transmitter. I feel like now I'm going to jinx myself but I have had no problems at all with it.
I cast my vote, I had better not see dark clouds forming overhead!

I've been out of the water for 6 months and my Teric battery went from 100% to 50%. Seems fine for sitting on the shelf.

Just bought Perdix Ai so I can send my 2! Terics to repair. robably motherboard issue again - battery drains to 5% in 2 weeks. They work but you have to charge them all the time.

I charged my Teric to 100% before storing it in off positions, including the AI & Compass off. I found the battery drained to 5% in 3 weeks. I sent e-mail to Shearwater.com about it and am awaiting their response.

I bought it in January 17, 2021.

I charged my Teric to 100% before storing it in off positions, including the AI & Compass off. I found the battery drained to 5% in 3 weeks. I sent e-mail to Shearwater.com about it and am awaiting their response.

I bought it in January 17, 2021.
That will be heading to Dive-Tronix - that is really excessive drain!

Now, granted, respondents to this poll are more likely to be ones that have had problems, but at more than 50% saying they've had problems, Shearwater may have a problem...

Now, granted, respondents to this poll are more likely to be ones that have had problems, but at more than 50% saying they've had problems, Shearwater may have a problem...
And they may have fixed it. One would need to look at the production dates on the Terics with battery problems (the only recurring problem I know of) and dates of reporting in the poll. My recent replacement was used on a 2-week dive trip, was charged to 100% after the trip, and still shows 100% after 5 days. They also sent me a loaner just in case the new one they sent me had a problem. They paid postage all directions for the return of my old one, the new one, and the round-trip-for the loaner. Superlative service.

Mine, brand new production late-middle last year (after they had worked through the battery problems) had to be redone because of a bad battery. They fixed it. Thank you. But not to be trusted again.

Goodbye.

A second perdix, please. I can just change those batteries.

OMMOHY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom