Tell me your favorite restaurants!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So many people have hyped up Buccano's I can't wait to try it. Curious, how is it pronounced?

So many people have hyped up Buccano's I can't wait to try it. Curious, how is it pronounced?
Boo -KAHN-ohs. It's not hype; it's the real deal. Buccano's is very popular, especially on weekends; reservations are recommended.

Their website is in English and easy to navigate, but alternatively your hotel front desk can call them for you.

Oh I have no doubt it's the real deal. I didn't mean hype as a negative, more in the meaning of getting people excited about it. I'm certainly excited to eat there after the rave reviews!

This is my third time to Coz and last nite was our first time to Buccanos. Really wished I would have found it on the first time ten years ago. Not only is the food incredible but the way they present the meals is top notch. The owner actually came over and introduced herself, explained the drink and dinner specials and then let the rest of the staff take over, very “hands” on making sure everything is perfect. The ambiance is second to none, could be anyplace in the world.

The owner actually came over and introduced herself, explained the drink and dinner specials and then let the rest of the staff take over, very “hands” on making sure everything is perfect.
Yep, she does that. The last time we were there she came over and pointed out a party of 25+ that were starting to order and if we delayed ordering we'd be behind them in the kitchen line.

Buccanos is up north near the old golf course, right? There has been some talk today about biting black flies there. Peppermint oil was suggested. Mosquitoes may be a problem that close to the swamp as well. Spray before you go.

@DandyDon are you saying that's not part of the ambiance? :rofl3:

I was on the beach in Cozumel at dusk ONCE without bug spray on. ONCE. Harsh lesson learned.

@DandyDon are you saying that's not part of the ambiance? :rofl3:

I was on the beach in Cozumel at dusk ONCE without bug spray on. ONCE. Harsh lesson learned.
I've never been to Buccano's, it sounds great, but I'd want to spray first. Experiences vary and September may be worse, maybe.

Buccannos also has an indoor area if you were concerned about mosquitos. We have had dinner outside many times without being bothered by bugs. As a matter of practice, I put mosquito spray on before I head out at night anywhere on the island and carry a wipe repellent in my bag. DD, it’s a beautiful restaurant, not at all by a swamp. The beach club during the day is also wonderful! You should try it next trip!

DD, it’s a beautiful restaurant, not at all by a swamp. The beach club during the day is also wonderful! You should try it next trip!
It does sound nice, and I'll try next trip. It is only 1500 feet from a big pond, and I see some smaller ones closer, but I'd bet that they take measures as well. I am simply suggesting spraying before you go, as you do.

upload_2021-9-16_22-4-42.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom