Tell me your favorite restaurants!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buccanos is up north near the old golf course, right? There has been some talk today about biting black flies there. Peppermint oil was suggested. Mosquitoes may be a problem that close to the swamp as well. Spray before you go.
@DandyDon is right about flies right now. I am off island but also saw some comments about flies being bad. More importantly I know we were forced to spray at my condo building which is also up north . We wouldn’t have done that unless they were pretty bad. The issue is usually worse around dusk.

@DandyDon is right about flies right now. I am off island but also saw some comments about flies being bad. More importantly I know we were forced to spray at my condo building which is also up north . We wouldn’t have done that unless they were pretty bad. The issue is usually worse around dusk.
I live in Corpus Christi, We get sprayed by the city as well. It’s island life, there are bugs especially around sunset. Just like I wear sun protection during the day even if I am not at the beach, I wear protection from bug bites going out at night in Cozumel. That said, I would not discourage someone from Buccannos because a mangrove was 1/4 mile away. Heck, I’ve got a swimming pool in my back yard….and enjoy that space. The food and the view are spectacular at Buccannos!

I took my wife to Buccanos on our wedding day (married on beach at Mr Sancho's). Great sunset views. We didn't experience any insects.
upload_2021-9-17_9-13-5.jpeg

This is the museum restaurant, yes? I had breakfast there when I went to the museum (many years ago) and it was really good! I am pretty easy to please if I can get eggs cooked to order but everything my family ordered was perfect.

Depending on how many years ago, you may now want Corazón Contento, an absolutely lovely place run by the former concessionaire at the museum restaurant.

Went to The Pub Hideaway last night and it was really good, the place was packed. The menu and food quality/selection was like it was back in there original location.

Our Favorite hamburger spot - A&D II - is closed down. Not surprising, restaurant business is tough especially if you are expiates coming here to start a business. Need to find a go-to hamburger place. Love the Mexican food but after 3-4 days a burger just hits the spot.

Went to The Pub Hideaway last night and it was really good, the place was packed. The menu and food quality/selection was like it was back in there original location.
I just googled it and some of the pictures (from another location) look like The Veranda, a restaurant we used to go to years ago but which I thought had closed. Is it the same place?

Not burgers, but I was going through my phone pictures the other day and came across the dinners from Coz- gahhhhhh such great food!

Do not see it mentioned often on here, but a small place right around the corner from Casa Mexicana (between CM and 3P's) Colores y Sabores was very, very good. They served a green crema with the chips and it was incredible. I went there 3x on my last trip- it was just too easy and delicious.

Very convenient, cheap and easy if you are staying at CM or any of the other hotels right there.

Back
Top Bottom