Tell me your favorite restaurants!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Colores y Sabores was very, very good
I’ve often wondered about that place. We pass by and see it a lot. I haven’t really seen it mentioned here or maybe just not often enough to notice, but I’ve seen it mentioned on Facebook recently. That’s my new place to try on the next trip.

(between CM and 3P's) Colores y Sabores was very, very good.
Google maps are always questionable the way contributors mess it up, but their page there shows updated by the owner on Calle 5, "located in Cozumel International Hospital / Hyperbaric Chamber." Is that right? Open 2-10pm most days, 9am-10pm Saturdays, closed Sundays.

It's not in the hospital, but just to the west. If you walk up 5 from Melgar, it's on the right hand side. If you hit 3Ps you've gone too far.

I also had a great meal there last trip (9/21), but my memory escapes me as to what I ordered. I do recall dining outside (on 5) and a huge thunderstorm came in. The owner made sure we got inside quickly. Great service to go along with the food.

Google maps are always questionable the way contributors mess it up, but their page there shows updated by the owner on Calle 5, "located in Cozumel International Hospital / Hyperbaric Chamber." Is that right? Open 2-10pm most days, 9am-10pm Saturdays, closed Sundays.

Definitely not in the hospital- but very close. There is a small gift shop, a leather shop (huaraches, belts, etc) then the small Colores y Sabores. The google maps location is wrong, but the picture is very accurate.

Also agree that the service was really good- the owner was there one of the nights and she went to every table and (if she didn't know you already) introduced herself and made some conversation. Very gracious, and genuine. They had a small TV on and it was showing old music videos, kind of cool. I remember one in particular that was John and Yoko singing with a children's choir or something, very interesting.

1646957805509.png

I just googled it and some of the pictures (from another location) look like The Veranda, a restaurant we used to go to years ago but which I thought had closed. Is it the same place?
Think you were looking at old location of the Pub. They were in the old La Veranda location for several years but left a few years ago. They are in the old Kelly’s location on 10 Ave between Salas and 1st as far as I know (haven’t looked recently ).

Think you were looking at old location of the Pub. They were in the old La Veranda location for several years but left a few years ago.
The Pab still has photos of that location on their website. I was sorry to see La Veranda go no mas; for years it was our favorite "last night on the island" dinner spot.

Is it ok to wear shorts, flip flops and a t-shirt at Buccano's?

Is it ok to wear shorts, flip flops and a t-shirt at Buccano's?
Shorts, absolutely; I never take long pants to Cozumel when I go in April or May. Flip flops, I don't know; I never wear them when I go out of the hotel. Sand, rocks, and many stubbed toes have discouraged me.

I do dress up a bit when I go to Buccano's, though; I wear my best Hawaiian shirt. :D

Casita de Indio has moved and is now very close to my home, so we have been there twice in the past two weeks. He is on the corner of Ave. 20 and about Calle 5. There used to be a lunch place there that we frequented (in fact, some of its signage is still there). Indio is doing evening meals there and I would hazard a guess that he is doing better there than when downtown, when the cruise ship crowd isn't there. He's had several tables of people and some takeout also. Last night we had coconut shrimp with tamarindo sauce and it was very good. Can't say I care much for the cold mashed potatoes served with it, though..next time I would ask him to throw them on the grill and make refried potatoes.

The place with the overly aggressive waiters greeting as you walk. I can admire a go-getter, but there is so much of that on the island, like many others.

I've never seen that place crowded. Google maps calls it Chabad de Cozumel which is named for an Orthodox Jewish Hasidic dynasty and lists it as Kosher altho Chabads are known to cater to secular Jews.

View attachment 681273
This was funny.....you do realize that the Synagogue is on the second floor of the plaza there right? If you park at the back of the plaza and walk towards the washrooms hallway in the square, the stairs across the way lead to the second floor

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom