Tell me your favorite restaurants!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This was funny.....you do realize that the Synagogue is on the second floor of the plaza there right? If you park at the back of the plaza and walk towards the washrooms hallway in the square, the stairs across the way lead to the second floor
Well, your quote of my post combined two messages, one about the place west of Casa Denis with overly aggressive waiters greeting as you walk that does not seem popular, and the other one about the Jewish place.

No, I had no idea that the Synagogue is on the second floor. Interesting.

Casita de Indio has moved and is now very close to my home, so we have been there twice in the past two weeks. He is on the corner of Ave. 20 and about Calle 5. There used to be a lunch place there that we frequented (in fact, some of its signage is still there). Indio is doing evening meals there and I would hazard a guess that he is doing better there than when downtown, when the cruise ship crowd isn't there. He's had several tables of people and some takeout also. Last night we had coconut shrimp with tamarindo sauce and it was very good. Can't say I care much for the cold mashed potatoes served with it, though..next time I would ask him to throw them on the grill and make refried potatoes.
Just returned from Casita de Indio. Coconut shrimp was excellent--had mine with rice + veg + salad. My 1st time at this restaurant. According to the menu, you can BYOB, if that is your preference. While there, a large group of locals rolled in, probably wrapping up their work day.

Indio introduced himself with a warm, friendly smile: such a nice gentleman, and lovely, charming family.

Mr. Taco is now off my list. Went there the other night. It's no longer the hole in the wall that concentrated on simple, but great food. It's been "discovered", and has a whole new look. Along with the upgrades to the facility, there was a downgrade in the tacos. It's just not for me anymore.

I did love Buccanos. It's competitive with any other restaurant in the states and elsewhere, including the prices.

Just got back from Coz, enjoyed dinner at a new restaurant (for me), called Azul Madera, on Calle 3, very close to Avenida 5. The glazed pork ribs (slow-roasted for 12 hours) were delicious. I tried their dessert, Coco Alaska, and it was yummy!

Highly recommended.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom