TDI basic nitrox classes in january

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took the test this afternoon and passed. I talked with Tom a bit about what he thought we should do to prepre for Adv Nitrox & Deco. He suggested some more practice, especially for me and Chip.

Halthron:
I took the test this afternoon and passed. I talked with Tom a bit about what he thought we should do to prepre for Adv Nitrox & Deco. He suggested some more practice, especially for me and Chip.

he dint mention me? i guess forcing myself to think in metric paid off.

He said we weren't worthy to carry your fins to the shore. :D

Actually he said that you had the right basic skills, he was just concerned about the possibility of being too aggressive.

Halthron:
Actually he said that you had the right basic skills, he was just concerned about the possibility of being too aggressive.

thats what they all say about me. i dont consider myself a risk taker but its in my nature to push things to the threshold, hence my title.. since i cant change the way i am i might as well undergo continued education and learn from repeated diving. :D

btw did you read your email reg coron mixes?

Spoon:
thats what they all say about me.

btw did you read your email reg coron mixes?
And that's why I didn't mention it, he didn't say anything you weren't aware of.

Yep. I sent Bobby an email and included you two.

Babydamulag:
What do you mean? The book is so good that you need to take the course just to dive in a supervised environment or that PADI just gives away the C-Card??? Confused with that comment. I know the NITROX class that PADI puts together is really a well-prepared course POI. Yes, the instructor does matter but the material is very well prepared.....just wondering why you made that comment like you did. I am a PADI certified diver NITROX diver with well over 100 NITROX dives.....get NITROX diving wrong and you just increased your probabilty of being reef fertilizer by about 1000%....I never doubted the quality of the training. This is a great course and is required for any TEC diving prep or REBREATHER training you might pursue. Be safe.

yes what you need to know so you don't get Nitrox diving wrong and increase your probability of being reef fertilizer by about 1000% is in the book. A good instructor will reinforce what you read in the book with different computation exercises, simulation dive planning and other stuff. If you have read and fully understood the book before he/she gives the lecture, you will just nod your head and say "ah yes I read that in the book!".

BUT I'm not saying you guys buy a nitrox book read it and go get a 36 fill and go divin'! Someone has to validate that you have learned the theories COMPLETELY and DOUBLE CHECK the dive planning on the actual dives.

paolov:
so it depends on who conducts the training : as it has been said countless times :IT'S THE SCUBA INSTRUCTOR NOT THE AGENCY THAT MATTERS

I also like to add to this the attitude and passion of the student also matters a lot. Without a slight hint of passion or willingness to learn something, even the greatest instructors in the whole diving industry will find it hard to impart knowledge. But take someone who has so much passion into something, chances are he or she only needs minor tutoring to learn something or much more may probably know more than the teacher.

Axua:
I also like to add to this the attitude and passion of the student also matters a lot. Without a slight hint of passion or willingness to learn something, even the greatest instructors in the whole diving industry will find it hard to impart knowledge. But take someone who has so much passion into something, chances are he or she only needs minor tutoring to learn something or much more may probably know more than the teacher.

well said jai, no matter how good the instructor is if the student has the wrong attitude to begin with then its pointless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom