TDI basic nitrox classes in january

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon:
i am ordering an oxycheq unit. what are you getting? as tom mentioned nitrox shouldnt be taken lightly and i think that an o2 analyzer would be worth the investment:)
I probably will too. I really like the Teledyne but I also can't shy from building it myself so I'll probably go with the El-Cheapo 2.

The wait to get our cards will be interminable!

Spoon:
i am ordering an oxycheq unit. what are you getting? as tom mentioned nitrox shouldnt be taken lightly and i think that an o2 analyzer would be worth the investment:)
that's my problem - my mind really doesn't comprehend the dangers involved of advanced nitrox and tech and the seriousness I need to be with it. I'm sure as I mature as a diver I will begin to understand, but right now I don't think I am ready to take the advanced nitrox and deco stuff.

It'd be fun to do it with you guys and keep up with you on the trainings, but I don't know how ready my mindset will be in march and if I'll be serious enough to take it.

Spoon:
take one for the team bro! we need three for the class remember?
Maybe we should do it the way the military used to. Get him drunk then have him sign up for the class. :D
chip104:
It'd be fun to do it with you guys and keep up with you on the trainings, but I don't know how ready my mindset will be in march and if I'll be serious enough to take it.
Give it some time, no rush. Maybe we'll get some dives in between now and then and maybe we'll play with doubles and see how it goes. None of us are experts and we should take things one step at a time.

Halthron:
I probably will too. I really like the Teledyne but I also can't shy from building it myself so I'll probably go with the El-Cheapo 2.

The wait to get our cards will be interminable!

i agree with you. the oms we used yesterday was a pain to calibrate. i actually liked what they had in their stockroom. you recall what brand it was? much easier to use. the el cheapo has so many good reviews. basic and does the job in a jiff.

about the cards, i hate waiting:)

chip104:
that's my problem - my mind really doesn't comprehend the dangers involved of advanced nitrox and tech and the seriousness I need to be with it. I'm sure as I mature as a diver I will begin to understand, but right now I don't think I am ready to take the advanced nitrox and deco stuff.

no worries bro, take all the time you need. no need to rush into things if your not comfortable. like eric, i would like to rack a lot more dives before even considering taking my training up a notch. plenty of time in the P.I.

halthron
Maybe we should do it the way the military used to. Get him drunk then have him sign up for the class.

trure, true

Halthron
Give it some time, no rush. Maybe we'll get some dives in between now and then and maybe we'll play with doubles and see how it goes. None of us are experts and we should take things one step at a time.

well said we have all the time in the world

Hi guys,

Congratulations to the 3 of you. You guys are awesome divers, always trying to improve your skills. Anyways, Chip I have no tips to give you, your diving kills are just fine bro, and more importantly you guys have the proper attitude to learn.

Carlo, I don't think they still manufacture the analizer that we were using , but most of the analyzer's on the market work the same way. The important things is that you guys choose one that the replacement sensor is not too expensive. They can vary 40 to 100+usd, and that's a big diference. For the end part or conection to the tanks (yoke/ DIN or LP hose) those things are accesories. So you can now make a inteligent decission which to choose from. Just make sure that you don't get one with a yoke but get a DIN instead, since usualy all tek doubles and deco tanks are DIN, you will have to put the inserts and remove it tank after tank...that sucks!!!!

Chip if ever and whenever, they decide to take the ADV and DECO, just join us in the class and make the first dive, then you decide if it's really for you or not. I think it will be good for you guys to be a team, since you guys are very comfortable diving together. It, is nice to do DECO dives with people you trust and you know in a bad situation they just not going to split.

Let's do some doubles in subic...cheers.

diveshop@diveph.com:
Hi guys,

Congratulations to the 3 of you. You guys are awesome divers, always trying to improve your skills. Anyways, Chip I have no tips to give you, your diving kills are just fine bro, and more importantly you guys have the proper attitude to learn.

Carlo, I don't think they still manufacture the analizer that we were using , but most of the analyzer's on the market work the same way. The important things is that you guys choose one that the replacement sensor is not too expensive. They can vary 40 to 100+usd, and that's a big diference. For the end part or conection to the tanks (yoke/ DIN or LP hose) those things are accesories. So you can now make a inteligent decission which to choose from. Just make sure that you don't get one with a yoke but get a DIN instead, since usualy all tek doubles and deco tanks are DIN, you will have to put the inserts and remove it tank after tank...that sucks!!!!

Chip if ever and whenever, they decide to take the ADV and DECO, just join us in the class and make the first dive, then you decide if it's really for you or not. I think it will be good for you guys to be a team, since you guys are very comfortable diving together. It, is nice to do DECO dives with people you trust and you know in a bad situation they just not going to split.

Let's do some doubles in subic...cheers.

Thanks tom! props for a great course. i trully learned a lot. i will defintely take my continued education with you. and cannot wait for you to open subic up to us pinoy divers. the sites are their and we can guarantee the clientelle. see ya soon and cheers!

Back
Top Bottom