TDI basic nitrox classes in january

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Axua:
you can learn about nitrox diving by just buying the PADI nitrox book, you basically just pay for the c-card for this course.

What do you mean? The book is so good that you need to take the course just to dive in a supervised environment or that PADI just gives away the C-Card??? Confused with that comment. I know the NITROX class that PADI puts together is really a well-prepared course POI. Yes, the instructor does matter but the material is very well prepared.....just wondering why you made that comment like you did. I am a PADI certified diver NITROX diver with well over 100 NITROX dives.....get NITROX diving wrong and you just increased your probabilty of being reef fertilizer by about 1000%....I never doubted the quality of the training. This is a great course and is required for any TEC diving prep or REBREATHER training you might pursue. Be safe.

no check out dive required for TDI Basic Nitrox course, just pass the exams.

but for ADvanced Nitrox (TDI) supervised deco dives would be required.

AXUA has a point on the issue of c-card versus knowledge gained. if you read the material then you'll know it.

but if you really want to understand the science of it then it goes beyoond just basic reading. it needs training (define training?)

training : learning from the correct/incorrect things others learned.

so it depends on who conducts the training : as it has been said countless times :IT'S THE SCUBA INSTRUCTOR NOT THE AGENCY THAT MATTERS

paolov:
no check out dive required for TDI Basic Nitrox course, just pass the exams.

but for ADvanced Nitrox (TDI) supervised deco dives would be required.

AXUA has a point on the issue of c-card versus knowledge gained. if you read the material then you'll know it.

but if you really want to understand the science of it then it goes beyoond just basic reading. it needs training (define training?)

training : learning from the correct/incorrect things others learned.

so it depends on who conducts the training : as it has been said countless times :IT'S THE SCUBA INSTRUCTOR NOT THE AGENCY THAT MATTERS

Thing to look out for in class:

1. Concepts of partial pressures and how to calculate the PO2 of Oxygen at any given depth. A caring instructor will scare the living ***** out of you on why you should why diving on partials of 1.2 is better than diving on partials of 1.6.

2. Concepts of Equivalent Air Depth (EAD), Maximum Operating Depth (MOD), and Oxygen Toxicity Units (OTU's). A superior instructor will teach you the math behind all of this; so much so that the nitrox computer on your wrist is considered a back-up.

3. Concepts of Pulmonary and Oxygen Toxicity. A great instructor will show you why smoking and nitrox diving don't mix.

A trully awesome instructor will also show you how to check your gas mix with an O2 analyser before you dive. He will discuss with you the tank valves and other equipment certfied for O2 use. He might even demo how Nitrox is mixed at the resort. He will also tell you about Viton O-rings, and why you should ditch your expensive titanium regulator. He will also share knowledge on why even if you're not diving regularly on Nitrox why you should always O2 clean your regulators once a year.

Twomixdiver:
Thing to look out for in class:

1. Concepts of partial pressures and how to calculate the PO2 of Oxygen at any given depth. A caring instructor will scare the living ***** out of you on why you should why diving on partials of 1.2 is better than diving on partials of 1.6.

hehehhehe, i agreee !!! CONVENTID !!!

Twomixdiver:
2. Concepts of Equivalent Air Depth (EAD), Maximum Operating Depth (MOD), and Oxygen Toxicity Units (OTU's). A superior instructor will teach you the math behind all of this; so much so that the nitrox computer on your wrist is considered a back-up.

TDI covers this

Twomixdiver:
3. Concepts of Pulmonary and Oxygen Toxicity. A great instructor will show you why smoking and nitrox diving don't mix.

good luck !

Twomixdiver:
He will also tell you about Viton O-rings

confidence !

Twomixdiver:
and why you should ditch your expensive titanium regulator.

tsk tsk tsk

Twomixdiver:
He will also share knowledge on why even if you're not diving regularly on Nitrox why you should always O2 clean your regulators once a year.

now this is basic, yet not clearly understood. UNLESS explained by the instructor who understands the reason why.

:wink:

aren't we giving too much valuable information for free?

hehehehhe

Twomixdiver:
A trully awesome instructor will also show you how to check your gas mix with an O2 analyser before you dive.

now that would be a truly awesome instructor who can sell an O2 analyser to each student !!!

how much would they cost now a days?

paolov:
now that would be a truly awesome instructor who can sell an O2 analyser to each student !!!

how much would they cost now a days?

Good ones start at Php 20k. But usually the resort or liveaboard have one and would prefer that the diver checks and signs off on the tank the latter will be using.

I have my own, since I do tech. And since there are known variances between analysers by as much as 2% ---- a significant amount if you're doing Trimix and need nitrox for deco.

Passed. :14: But had to take the test twice...hehehehe. I screwed up the conversion of meters to ATA (wasn't dividing by 10) so all my calculations were wrong. Spoon gave me comfort and confidence. I love him for that.

ATA = depth/10 + 1
Depth = ATA*10 - 10

Silly rabbit.

chip104:
Passed. :14: But had to take the test twice...hehehehe. I screwed up the conversion of meters to ATA (wasn't dividing by 10) so all my calculations were wrong. Spoon gave me comfort and confidence. I love him for that.

ATA = depth/10 + 1
Depth = ATA*10 - 10

Silly rabbit.

CONGRATS! :balloon

so, i guess spoon didn't give you a gum, eh?
:lol2: :littlesho :lol2:

Back
Top Bottom