TDI basic nitrox classes in january

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr:
Just out of curiosity, what's the diff between IANTD and Padi Nitrox classes? I've looked at the prices in PG and they're both the same. Reason I asked is that I may take the class on my next visit.

basically the same but i wanted to take it with either iantd or tdi becasue of the quality of their instructors. its the instructors that make a course truly exceptional not the agency.

If I told you two that I could probably only do the check out on sunday, would that be possible or am I asking too much?

I thought that's when we were doing it? I also know that check out dives aren't required for TDI, the agency we're going through now.

Halthron:
I thought that's when we were doing it? I also know that check out dives aren't required for TDI, the agency we're going through now.
yes...that's when we're doing it. (in reality I have no clue what's going on with the check out). Where can I find info about the checkout dive? That's kinda wierd.

That's the way it was explained to me by another TDI instructor, the guy who kept changing prices around. IMO, it makes sense since what's there to demonstrate underwater about Nitrox? That you can breathe it? I'm primarily concerned with a full understanding of the effects and planning a dive or series, which is topside work. Not that I mind an excuse to go diving :D

Of course, the second round of playoffs are this weekend too... :wave-smil

chip104:
If I told you two that I could probably only do the check out on sunday, would that be possible or am I asking too much?

RELAX its on a sunday

Halthron:
That's the way it was explained to me by another TDI instructor, the guy who kept changing prices around. IMO, it makes sense since what's there to demonstrate underwater about Nitrox? That you can breathe it? I'm primarily concerned with a full uunderstanding of the effects and planning a dive or series, which is topside work. Not that I mind an excuse to go diving :D

with the checkout you are actually going to compare your NDL bottom times at depth compared to air. whcih you will notice is significantly more than on air. they will demostrate how to effectively use the gas at its mod (maximum operating depth). just a formality really.

you can learn about nitrox diving by just buying the PADI nitrox book, you basically just pay for the c-card for this course.

Halthron:
That's the way it was explained to me by another TDI instructor, the guy who kept changing prices around. IMO, it makes sense since what's there to demonstrate underwater about Nitrox? That you can breathe it? I'm primarily concerned with a full understanding of the effects and planning a dive or series, which is topside work. Not that I mind an excuse to go diving :D

Amen to that. For the meantime, I'll go diving. I'll just get on the band wagon when the superbowl comes around. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom