Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm trying to get my girls to go too, so this may be a family reunion. FooToo and FooManToo are probably going to make it, not sure about FooThree. She and BabyFoo are moving away in a couple of weeks, off to finish her speech therapist degree at SFA. I'm going to need lots of underwater therapy when they leave.

Duplicate post, sorry!!!!!!!!!! Just trying to build up that post count, you know me. :dork2:

I appreciate your candor, my friend. Are you tired? Cause I've never known you to back down from a challenge. :crafty:

Okay, no Gypsy, no TMoW, so give your take on the hotel situation... nearby? Where should we stay? Of course, I know FooToo and FooManToo will be camping if they come, so I may pitch in with them, and Valkyry has offered to roomie up also, so I am definitely planning this trip.

Not experiencing anything like the pain I had pre-surgery, so things are looking up. :D Just need to get stronger, keep doing my exercises and heal a little more (10 days post-op now.) Dr. says come by for a cortisone shot before I go to Cozumel (if I'm in pain.) Maybe I won't have to!:D

Okay can everyone tell how excited I am at even dreaming that I will be diving again soon??? I've posted about a thousand times on this thread. I'll try to go get a life now...

Ivy is welcome to roomie up with us and I thank you in advance for picking up the check at the Oasis...

Oh Foo... we could make this into a long drawn out funny pretend battle of wits but I'll just say... that I won't be bringing the Gypsy. If you show up we''l make room in the tent or I'll just vacate and let you and Ivy stay there.

Of course ... if you have a Hotel room she'll be off with you. I can hear her now as ya'll drive off in a cloud of dust ~

So long Dad........ I have your Visa and we're headed to the Oasis for dinner and drinks !!! :lotsalove:

Last edited:
The shuttle will be running to take you and your gear to the camp area, back to your car, or to the airfill station for $2 one-way or $5 all-day. Save your energy for diving instead of wasting it hand-carting your gear or hauling tanks. Let the shuttle operator take the tanks to the airfill and bring them back to you while you relax between dives.

By this, I'm assuming things are spread out quite a bit there? Sounds like the $5 pass would be well worth the $$.

Thinking about coming out and meeting the Texas Swamp Divers. Is this place okay if I bring my wife and 7 and 2 year old sons?

I looked at the website and it seems alright. Just wanted to know if anyone else brings their families or not.

Thinking about coming out and meeting the Texas Swamp Divers. Is this place okay if I bring my wife and 7 and 2 year old sons?

I looked at the website and it seems alright. Just wanted to know if anyone else brings their families or not.

I don't have a wife and kids, but it's a nice park and I'm sure they'd all have a good time. I see lot's of other families there all the time, but the kids seem to disappear after dark... maybe the parents wisely moving them out of my presence :eyebrow:

Things could get a bit lively later in the evenings once the jello shots and spirits come out around the campfire:drunks:, so if camping, you might choose a site a bit further from the fire if you know what I mean :crafty:

But it's a big park, with lots of camping space, so don't let my comment sway you, plenty of room for all. Perhaps some others w/ families will chime in, as I'm really NOT qualified in this arena :D

I'm trying to find a way to take the family camping and get some diving in all at once. Sounds fun though.

If FooToo and FooManToo go to the Fling and camp, they will most likely bring the BabyFoo's, age 2 and 5, both boys. They would have someone to play with, I say bring em!

Foo, Thanks for the info. I'm leaning towards going and it's something I can do without taking too much time away from the family.

Just wondering if any of the Austin area LDS are going to offer up a special deal for rental tanks for the weekend...

Back
Top Bottom