Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sure wish I could be there. I will be spending my weekend in San Antonio. My daughter graduates Air Force basic training that weekend so I had better spend it with her...or else.
I wish all a great weekend of diving.

I sure wish I could be there. I will be spending my weekend in San Antonio. My daughter graduates Air Force basic training that weekend so I had better spend it with her...or else.
I wish all a great weekend of diving.

Air Force or not Dude you have to remember just one thing and one thing only.......
That is " Father's Day Weekend "

Your Daughter is going to owe you big time !

I will bring some sidemount rigs with me (Nomad) for tryout if anyone wants to give that a shot- free of charge (unless you break the gear that is). I will provide, rigs, regs and (probably) tins (that's cylinders, BTW) but the gas in the tins is up to you (whatever Richard charges for air). Feel free to provide your own regs and tins if you wish.

Some restrictions will apply: 18 years old or older, AOW or above (or equivalent), 30' max depth, no more than 1 hour dive (to give others the chance to use the gear), min of twin 45cu ft tins if you bring your own (eg you can't sling 13cuFt ponies on your sides and dive the gear- well, not dive my gear that is). The idea is to give a safe tryout of a different dive method.

If there's interest I will also bring some doubles, regs, wings etc and have those available for tryouts should people wish. (Free, of course).

Best

P

Tech Diving Instruction&nbspfrom Austin, TX-&nbsp Deep Down, your training matters, so Train Right - Home
Diving Side Mount- recreational and technical instruction. Deep Down your training matters- Train Right! - Recreational Sidemount

ok i am looking at coming down on friday and camping out and leaving sat evening. Where can i get a shirt:lotsalove:mooner:

ok i am looking at coming down on friday and camping out and leaving sat evening. Where can i get a shirt:lotsalove:mooner:

I don't know of any shirts for sale there, but I'd be happy to lend you one for the day :eyebrow:

In fact I'll bring several for those without shirts to use when getting fills... :wink:

No big deal, this is just the only way I could think of for Richard and Sherry at WP to know who to give the Swamp Diver air discount to.

Fortunately, we don't have c-cards :rofl3:

I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion regarding more future shirts at the Fling :D

Hi Zinc,

Said that I would get you some firewood for the fling. What I need to know is where to drop it and for you to arrange with Richard to get my truck close. As much as I love you guys, I am not going to schlep 1/4 cord of wood in a cart.

Hi Zinc,

Said that I would get you some firewood for the fling. What I need to know is where to drop it and for you to arrange with Richard to get my truck close. As much as I love you guys, I am not going to schlep 1/4 cord of wood in a cart.

Hey thanks Driftwood, that will be great! I'll talk to Richard soon, and find a nice spot on the side of the parking area where you can drop it right out of the truck. I may be able to meet you there to help unload. I'll send a PM once I know the scoop.

Thanks again!:D

My pleasure, and no need to help me unload it, that will take all of 5-10 minutes, but thanks for the offer. I can drop it off on Friday the 19th and just need to know where party central is going to be. If we can plan that, then we save a lot of back aches.

In that case, I plan on arriving Friday the 19th b/w 5:30 & 6:00 pm to claim some spots and set up an initial camp, where the firewood will be. If that works for you, I'll just meet you there. :wink:

Or if you need to go earlier, just show up and tell Robert you've brought wood for the Swamper Fling, and put it anywhere. It's no big deal to run some carts for wood as the evening and weekend progresses.

earlier post today by driftwood (or so I think):

"Firewood is one of the most inefficient materials to move. First you pick it up and put it in the truck, then you unload the truck and stack it so that you can move it again to burn it."

I caught you trying to edit this out of your last post. I happen to think my dive gear is a lot like firewood in your earlier explaination, I just don't burn it, I burn through my wallet.

:rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom