Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

earlier post today by driftwood (or so I think):

"Firewood is one of the most inefficient materials to move. First you pick it up and put it in the truck, then you unload the truck and stack it so that you can move it again to burn it."

I caught you trying to edit this out of your last post. I happen to think my dive gear is a lot like firewood in your earlier explaination, I just don't burn it, I burn through my wallet.

:rofl3:

Shawn,

You caught me. I edited it out so not so sound too bitchy about moving wood around, and it does work just almost well with scuba gear.

I arrive in DFW about 5 AM and then fly to Austin. I will be up all night so the chances of me making it are slim but if I do it will be the afternoon only. What time does everyone plan on departing the area?

earlier post today by driftwood (or so I think):

"Firewood is one of the most inefficient materials to move. First you pick it up and put it in the truck, then you unload the truck and stack it so that you can move it again to burn it."
:rofl3:

Cut and stack fire wood in the winter, ''I don't like to get hot on one stick of wood more than once."

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

~tony

I hope to make it. It will be my first dive there in a couple years.

Add two more to the list.. Hopefully my girlfriend will have her c-card by then but if not, she can run drinks and shots..

Add two more to the list.. Hopefully my girlfriend will have her c-card by then but if not, she can run drinks and shots..

Your post sparked an idea. I ran it by Zinc and he thought that it had merit.

We should have enough DM's, or better, and enough gear laying around to offer Discover Scuba dives to people at the Fling who are not certified to dive.

If you are going to be at the Fling and are qualified/willing to lead a Discover Scuba dive or if you know someone who is not certified and would like the chance to safely dive with a pro, please chime in.

I arrive in DFW about 5 AM and then fly to Austin. I will be up all night so the chances of me making it are slim but if I do it will be the afternoon only. What time does everyone plan on departing the area?

I plan to leave on Sunday, is that the day you're talking about? Saturday should be a late-nighter most likely. Will probably pull out early afternoon on Sunday? Anyway, try to make it if you can!

Any interest in this? No worries if not- it will save me lugging the gear around.

P

I will bring some sidemount rigs with me (Nomad) for tryout if anyone wants to give that a shot- free of charge (unless you break the gear that is). I will provide, rigs, regs and (probably) tins (that's cylinders, BTW) but the gas in the tins is up to you (whatever Richard charges for air). Feel free to provide your own regs and tins if you wish.

Some restrictions will apply: 18 years old or older, AOW or above (or equivalent), 30' max depth, no more than 1 hour dive (to give others the chance to use the gear), min of twin 45cu ft tins if you bring your own (eg you can't sling 13cuFt ponies on your sides and dive the gear- well, not dive my gear that is). The idea is to give a safe tryout of a different dive method.

If there's interest I will also bring some doubles, regs, wings etc and have those available for tryouts should people wish. (Free, of course).

Best

P

Tech Diving Instruction&nbspfrom Austin, TX-&nbsp Deep Down, your training matters, so Train Right - Home
Diving Side Mount- recreational and technical instruction. Deep Down your training matters- Train Right! - Recreational Sidemount

Any interest in this? No worries if not- it will save me lugging the gear around.

P

Sure Paul, I'm interested, and very kind of you to offer! :D

Now that the Fling is only two weekends away, I thought I'd bring up the food topic... This is certainly an area where any and all suggestions & contributions are welcome and of course please do what ya'll want, I'd expect nothing less! :wink:

I'm focusing on Saturday night fajitas w/ excess contributions going towards Sunday breakfast (I'm not cooking breakfast however, so anyone willing to do so, please let us know)

K-valve & I will be cooking up fajita's for everyone Saturday night. I'd ask those who plan on partaking to do one of the following:
a) bring a side dish, snack, or something good to share w/ the group (it will help if you let us know what you're bringing :wink:)
or
b) donate $5 to the "Food Jar" Saturday morning - this $ will be used to purchase anything missing or needed, including paper plates, utensils, sides, fixin's, tortillas, chips, salsa, etc. when we make an HEB run that afternoon... this is how we'll get the quantities right to ensure everyone gets fed well.:D Excess $'s will go towards breakfast grub :cool2:

Anyone who'd like to help cook, or help in the camp kitchen, etc. please chime in. If you're bringing somethin' special let us know, so we can look forward to it and know it's covered.

Yer feedback and input are welcome... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom