Sun Nov 18th Spanish Rock's & Sugar Barge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had to sit there and watch my Mom dive at Weeki Wachi today and two thoughts kept passing through my mind; first, "I wanna be in there!" and second, "I'm gonna freeze my lil hiney off tomorrow!" Anyway, I might be tired and all that, but Bandit and I. . . and a few others will be there with bells on! I can't wait to meet you all! Speedy recovery for you Michelle, sorry you can't make it. Wisdom teeth suck don't they? I had a root canal this past week but wisdom teeth were worse!
See yall in about 12 hours!

Thanks. I am feeling a lot better already although it is still pretty sore. The sutures fell out last night. I hope that is not too bad. I'm glad that it is over and I won't have to do it again. Can't wait to get diving again. I'm getting a new BCD and am going to spend some time in the pool next week practicing with it. I'm going to get the scubapro Ladyhawk with the Air2. The LDS is going to spend some time in the pool with me getting used to the back inflate and how to use the Air2. I'm hoping to maybe dive next week on Saturday afternoon. I hope you all have fun tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you.

Michelle

Junior, I'd search for you but I am whipped and heading to bed, however, have you done any research on the Air2? If not, do a little for your own benefit. Seems most that have gotten those ended up not liking them at all. Now the LadyHawk itself is a great BCD but just check on that air2 before you spend the money :D Just a friendly suggestion. :) and here's to feeling better :hugs:

I'm bringing some ScubaBoard stickers tomorrow for everyone. Please remind me or I will forget - I already have them in my car at least :14:

Missdirected, thanks for the advice. I had done a little research on the Air2 and saw some of the concerns. It seems to me that most of these concerns are manageable if you practice with your equipment. My LDS went over some of the things with me and that is why he is going to spend the time in the pool practicing how to control my bouyancy while ascending with the Air2. I'm going to see how it goes in the pool and go from there. Last time I was diving my octo hose got caught on the back of someone else's tank and I couldn't get their attention to quit swimming away. I like the idea of getting rid of that hose, but am going to see how it works out in the pool first.

Last time I was diving my octo hose got caught on the back of someone else's tank and I couldn't get their attention to quit swimming away.

I need to try that with MissD or johnny bravo the next time we hit the Pride. It would save me a couple of grand on a scooter :D

Seriously, I would rethink using the Air 2 over a regular octopus. As long as your hoses are kept close to your body the snag factor is minimalized and in an OOA/air share where stress levels are elevated by using the equipment you were trained on, 2 second stages, would keep the confusion to a minimum.

If you do go with the Air 2 practice every time you do a dive so you are able to use it correctly without really thinking about it.

MisD - Sorry for the delayed post....I have limited internet access here! After reading all of the posts about Sugarbarge, I think we'll join you at Spanish Rocks at 10 AM. We tried to snorkel Sugar barge yesterday.....vis sucked.

Hey all who met up! I just wanted to say it was great to meet everyone and it was a blast! . . . flippin cold, but fun. Loved seein that little shark too, that was pretty cool.
Thanks for the stickers MissD, and I'll remember the brush next time! :D
So any of yall going to the Turkey Fry next Sat? Looks like my Mom and I are on board.

Other than 'flippin cold' - what were the conditions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom