Sun Nov 18th Spanish Rock's & Sugar Barge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey who is watching the pups? If your wife and daughter are in town, you should see if they are interested in hanging on the beach, Anna Maria is pretty. Just a thought :)

As I said, Scott and I are going to do a dive at Spanish Rocks then hang-out and wait for everyone else to finish at the Sugar Barge and get over to Spanish Rocks.

Crab - lunch okay after the second dive on Spanish Rocks whenever that happens to be?

Barbara, welcome to the board. Your going to love this place and its people. :jump:
Hey Miss D

Thank you for offering to wait for people at Spanish Rocks. We will catch up with you all after we dive the Sugar Barge.

Lunch whenever we get done diving sound's good to me. I like Barbara's recomendation of the Cafe on the Beach!

Doug

Cool! I look forward to meeting everyone. Not sure if I make it down there by breakfast time, im coming from Clearwater. I will make it down for the dives! Does Sea Trek Divers do tank rentals or should I rent them up here and bring them with me?
Seatrek Divers is open on Sunday 9:00am to 1:00pm for more info you can call them at (941)779-1506

Hello,
I have never dove either of those and would be interested in joining. I don't have a dive buddy, anyone care to partner with me?

Karen

Hi Karen:

Welcome to Scubaboard & Conch Divers, unfortunately I'm not diving this weekend, but I'm sure we'll meet at some time in the future. Enjoy Spanish Rocks, it's one of my favorite shore dives in this area.

Mike

I appologize. I didn't catch that there was a newbie in the midst. Welcome aboard!!!! Hopefully we will get to dive soon!!!!!

I appologize. I didn't catch that there was a newbie in the midst. Welcome aboard!!!! Hopefully we will get to dive soon!!!!!

Mote got her twice, lol. Maybe we should make him a greeter :14:

Link for Spanish Rocks, in case any want to print at home: Google Maps

Just before the curve to the left there is a beach access and parking. That is where you want to be. It is a small sand lot between some houses and apartments. Just pull in there and park. Gear up walk down the beach...

I already have one official position "supreme yak diver in charge" and its a mighty burden. I think we'll stop there.

I already have one official position "supreme yak diver in charge" and its a mighty burden. I think we'll stop there.

Awwww........................but Mote, you're such a popular guy!!:rofl3::rofl3:

Doug,
I found these directions on another thread about the rocks, maybe this will help us find them:
When you walk out of the parking lot onto the beach, go left. Walk until you get to the 6th house. It will be a square looking house with a bunch of windows. That should be your starting point. From there, just swim directly out. It is about 125yds out depending on the tide. When you are on the top of the water, you will be able to look down and see the darkness of the reef. It is about 20ft down.

Good luck.
J.R.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom