Sun Nov 18th Spanish Rock's & Sugar Barge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the advice, I think I just rent the tanks from my normal dive shop. Probably make it easier for the return.

Im not very familiar with the area down there, only been to that beach once. Anyone have advice on where to park for the Regina/Sugar dive?

Doug,
I found these directions on another thread about the rocks, maybe this will help us find them:
When you walk out of the parking lot onto the beach, go left. Walk until you get to the 6th house. It will be a square looking house with a bunch of windows. That should be your starting point. From there, just swim directly out. It is about 125yds out depending on the tide. When you are on the top of the water, you will be able to look down and see the darkness of the reef. It is about 20ft down.

Good luck.
J.R.
Hey Barbara

I figure if we we get a treasure map from Seatrek use your directions then look for bubbles coming up out of the water we aught to be pretty close to the right spot!!!

Thanks for the advice, I think I just rent the tanks from my normal dive shop. Probably make it easier for the return.

Im not very familiar with the area down there, only been to that beach once. Anyone have advice on where to park for the Regina/Sugar dive?
Ginny at the Gathering Place told me there customer's could park in there parking lot for breakfast then go dive the Sugar Barge that is across the street from the resturant, so that is my plan.

As for public parking or if you are not a customer there. I do not know where to park?

Ginny allso said she would save a table for the group if we let her know how many to expect for breakfast
(Let me know who wants to meet at 8:00am for breakfast and I will call Ginny and ask her to save us a table)

Gathering Place inc.Family Restaurant
101 7th St North
Bradenton Beach Fl 34217
(941)779-0313
All fresh homemade foods - Greek & Amercan

You may want to call about parking? If you rent tanks from Seatrek maybe they will let you park in there lot?
Sea Trek Divers
105 7th St N
Bradenton Beach, FL 34217
(941)779-1506
Map of 105 7th St N Bradenton Beach, FL by MapQuest
Across the street from the Regina/Sugar (Molasses) Barge

If that is the restaurant by SeaTrek, there is loads of parking. If you are not having breakfast and/or not patronizing SeaTrek, park a lil further down, just out of courtesy. Additionally, there is a little shop to the left of the SeaTrek plaza that sells shells and things, if you park in-between that area is kind of "no man's land" and no one is going to bother you there. Just park under the trees behind one another.

Helpful hints; gear up at your car and cross the road. Once you get to the water, don your fins and mask and head out to the barge. You will know you have found it when you think to yourself "this can't be it". It is a chunk of metal in a triangle shape smaller than a VW Bug or about the same size. Look inside there are a few crab, probably missing a claw (it is season). Look closely on the outside for some Molly's that are well camouflaged. They are about 4 inches. Tell them I said hi :)

Please remember to bring your dive flags - they are a must! If you plan on buying one, I would get one at your local lds. I once got one from Seatrek - they short you on the string so don't bother with them and just go to your LDS. I have an extra one that I will have with me at Anna Maria.

One last note, if you have a Nitrox tank do not try and get fills at SeaTrek. 99% of the time it is a huge hassle so save yourself the aggravation.

Well guys guess me and Lil' Bit will have to come down. I'll see if I can get some more of the Pinellas crew together to come down. So far from the calls I have made while typing I have five comming down so far. Anyone know what the temps. are the gulf showed 67 off Clearwater today and the bay was like 73.

Looks like the springs are staring to sound warm. Is anyyone up for the Blue grotto, Hudson Grotto, 48 Fathoms, or something the week after next? I'm not hugee on the springs, but it might be nice to dive them where the 73 degree water feels warm.........lol

well i have arrived again.
in orlando right now but will be along for sunday at the spanish rocks.
looking forward to getting wet its been a few days:D

Ginny at the Gathering Place told me there customer's could park in there parking lot for breakfast then go dive the Sugar Barge that is across the street from the resturant, so that is my plan.

As for public parking or if you are not a customer there. I do not know where to park?

Ginny allso said she would save a table for the group if we let her know how many to expect for breakfast
(Let me know who wants to meet at 8:00am for breakfast and I will call Ginny and ask her to save us a table)

Gathering Place inc.Family Restaurant
101 7th St North
Bradenton Beach Fl 34217
(941)779-0313
All fresh homemade foods - Greek & Amercan

You may want to call about parking? If you rent tanks from Seatrek maybe they will let you park in there lot?
Sea Trek Divers
105 7th St N
Bradenton Beach, FL 34217
(941)779-1506
Map of 105 7th St N Bradenton Beach, FL by MapQuest
Across the street from the Regina/Sugar (Molasses) Barge

Hi Doug,
Gary and I will meet you for breakfast. Did you get in touch with Norm?
I forwarded his Email to you. He is looking to share a ride if possible.
Thanks Barbara

John, Scott had to bail so it's you, myself, and Duncan (?) at the rocks at 10:a.m.

Bandit, did you know there is a Turkey Fry next Saturday at Venice Beach?

I had to sit there and watch my Mom dive at Weeki Wachi today and two thoughts kept passing through my mind; first, "I wanna be in there!" and second, "I'm gonna freeze my lil hiney off tomorrow!" Anyway, I might be tired and all that, but Bandit and I. . . and a few others will be there with bells on! I can't wait to meet you all! Speedy recovery for you Michelle, sorry you can't make it. Wisdom teeth suck don't they? I had a root canal this past week but wisdom teeth were worse!
See yall in about 12 hours!

NitroxChick - are you going with the others that are doing the Sugar Barge then the Rocks or are you doing two dives at the Rocks? Let me know :)

Aain, please remember your flags.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom