Suggestions to make my Deep 6 Eddy's fit better?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

7.5 - 8 depending on the shoe, but usually 7.5
hmm.. it's the right size, A longer spring may resolve, and I hate to breport at the moment we don't have extras on hand (on order)

hmm.. it's the right size, A longer spring may resolve, and I hate to breport at the moment we don't have extras on hand (on order)
Hi, any update if you guys have any extra now?

I am having the same issue. Wear size 11 shoe. Tend to wear 7mm soft sole wetsuit boots, currently Waterproof B2 boot. I have size large eddy fins. The pocket feels pretty good but my toes feel like they are curling against front of foot pocket, even on longest spring setting. Debated moving up to size XL but worry any gain in foot pocket length would just be offset by wider/taller pocket and my foot would just sit just as far, or further in, with same issue. Any suggestions?

It's a real shame that the manufacturers can't just get rid of ankles and legs, so their pockets extend to the heel

Maybe in another time incarnation where cell phone users are born short sighted their chin fused to their chest
divers, may be born with fins, and cars will fit me, but considering most of the time we walk, I learn to use them

I will say it again. You should all go to school on @happy-diver. The 1.5" SS Quick-Link, fits exactly, in the orientation shown in his post. And you can add to both sides. This is an elegantly simple solution that works well. It took the hot spot off top of my foot.​

Substituting strap for Deep 6 Eddys Post #23

My flippers:
1721802987175.jpeg

I didn't even realise my stuff was in this thread man I'm blushing, my face is hot and tingly, maybe not tingly

I am having the same issue. Wear size 11 shoe. Tend to wear 7mm soft sole wetsuit boots, currently Waterproof B2 boot. I have size large eddy fins. The pocket feels pretty good but my toes feel like they are curling against front of foot pocket, even on longest spring setting. Debated moving up to size XL but worry any gain in foot pocket length would just be offset by wider/taller pocket and my foot would just sit just as far, or further in, with same issue. Any suggestions?
yes, the XL is the Eddy that will fit you. With those boots, that I would buy an B2 boot in large and I would wear a XL Eddy

Literally what we have on the website for fitting is this paragraph.

"Chris (the owner)has a 10.5 D US shoe size and wears the Large eddy fin with wetsuit boots or his dry-suit which has thinner boots (neoprene with a sole). He wears the XL when wearing wetsuit boots with the sneaker style sole or his dry-suit with larger boots. There will be some minor variances depending on the exact boot you wear. That said if you wear a size 12 with a softer sole boot you would be fine in an XL eddy fin. If rock boots or heavier sole foot covers are worn, you would be better off in an XXL."

I will say it again. You should all go to school on @happy-diver. The 1.5" SS Quick-Link, fits exactly, in the orientation shown in his post. And you can add to both sides. This is an elegantly simple solution that works well. It took the hot spot off top of my foot.​

Substituting strap for Deep 6 Eddys Post #23

My flippers:
View attachment 852584

I just bought some. Did you put threadlocker on the threads or do you find they don't budget at all without it?

I really wish we had the option to choose longer spring straps when buying to avoid having to do this.

put threadlocker on the threads
Good question. Yes, 'put blue threadlocker on threads of Quick-link and nuts of fins.

Likely not required on nyloc nuts, but I've had them off several times, including adding the tubular webbing.

Be careful not to lose tiny washers/nuts of fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom