Stupid question here I think but do these type of snorkel keepers work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think they work nicely. I find that the neoprene kind is less likely to get tangled up in my hair than rubber or silicone. Should it tangle, it's also easier to remove.

bike inner tube is probably not thick and strong enough to trust your snorkel to. Car or Truck inner tube works well, tractor trailer tubes work well.

Those fancy store-bought silicone holders are too stretchy and don't hold a snorkel secure enough for my liking. They let the snorkel slide up and down. If you experiemnet with cutting your own, you can make holders that work better, in my opinion.

diver 85:
you see I never mentioned anything about octos

True, you only mentioned silicone and neoprene snorkel keepers. You never even said that you wanted to use them to hold a snorkel. You could want them for just about anything. Makes it hard to answer your question:

diver 85:
do these type of snorkel keepers work as good as the old kind silicone ones???

I guessed you probably wanted them for your snorkel, but just in case you wanted them as octo holders (My most common use for a snorkel keeper) I thought I'd toss that evaluation in as well. Sorry it upset you, that was not my intention.

True, you only mentioned silicone and neoprene snorkel keepers. You never even said that you wanted to use them to hold a snorkel. You could want them for just about anything. Makes it hard to answer your question:

I guessed you probably wanted them for your snorkel, but just in case you wanted them as octo holders (My most common use for a snorkel keeper) I thought I'd toss that evaluation in as well. Sorry it upset you, that was not my intention.

Not upset, just the way I 'talk' when my head's spinning---one reason I quit drinking over 4 years ago.....lol

I think they work nicely. I find that the neoprene kind is less likely to get tangled up in my hair than rubber or silicone. Should it tangle, it's also easier to remove.

Thanks Amy for the info.......told my wife your comments & she said 'great'(when you're 58 & bald headed---like me---, tangled hair is not a big problem....lol).Thanks again....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom