Question Snorkeling Recommendations for Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can snorkel at the Money Bar for free. There's a great roped off area where you can swim and snorkel safely away from boat traffic, and they have some stone steps where you can enter and exit the water and I think a ladder off to the side IIRC. It costs nothing to snorkel but if you want to set up on Money Bar's beach chairs and have an umbrella for shade, just buy a snack and a couple sodas and you're good to go.

I took a non-diving friend snorkeling there on my last trip and she had a great time. We even saw a juvenile nurse shark swim by us there which was just incredibly fortunate.

That said, the challenge in snorkeling in salt water is to swim underwater if you want to. In salt water the human body floats like a cork without any help from a floatation device.
My 18 year old was able to dive fairly deep when we snorkeled Palancar, no weights. My 215lb frame couldn’t go as deep, lol. He also pushed his snorkel out of his mouth, which heard helps

That said, the challenge in snorkeling in salt water is to swim underwater if you want to. In salt water the human body floats like a cork without any help from a floatation device.
Then again some folks have the skills to power thru that and still drown

Before I started diving, when I was snorkeling behind the hotel, I would find a rock with the right negative buoyancy to make me neutral when I was holding it, and I tied a 20' line to it with a styrofoam float on the other end. From the surface I would haul the rock up, dive down to look at stuff carrying the rock, and then set the rock on the bottom when I was ready to come up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom