Stupid question here I think but do these type of snorkel keepers work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
as good as the old kind silicone ones???.....After almost 25 years, the couple of old kind I have are starting to wear out(bad) & all my LDS carries now are the neoprene ones..OK to switch to them???..TIA.......
snorkel_keeper.jpg

yeah, but I make better ones out of truck inner tubes

yeah, but I make better ones out of truck inner tubes

Thought about the inner tube thingy, I have a bicycle one I've used on my BP/W corrugated hose, will this work---or is it to 'small'..??

I just use one of my daughters' hair scrunchies. They are cheap and easy to replace. When having three girls, they are plentiful.

It's OK if you think it's OK. It's your gear. They do not work as well as octo holders.

Thanks-------please define(give a picture) of octo holders,......

Take a silicone snorkel keeper and loop it through itself around a D ring. The free end fits nicely over the mouthpiece of your octo. I don't have a photo handy.

Take a silicone snorkel keeper and loop it through itself around a D ring. The free end fits nicely over the mouthpiece of your octo. I don't have a photo handy.

thanks, then you're talking about a regular old snorkel keeper like:
wgsnorkkeep%5B1%5D.jpg

Of course, what else? I was, after all, referring to your original post asking about a comparison between silicone and neoprene snorkel keepers.

Of course, what else? I was, after all, referring to your original post asking about a comparison between silicone and neoprene snorkel keepers.

Of course, you see when you said in your original response 'octo holders' you had my head spinning------you see I never mentioned anything about octos, I think---let me double check.....

Thanks for the info though, I haven't bought a keeper in a loooong time---well you can read my original post agin & get the drift........Thanks again....

Back
Top Bottom