Springs this week, anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Upwelling

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hello,
I'm new to the area (haven't dived in this part of Fla. yet) and would like to check out the springs--I know little about them although Blue Grotto might be a good choice from what I've read so far (but I that's not set in stone :). I could go this weekend or potentially Thurs. or Fri, even. Anyone interested?

If you want to hit a spring on Saturday I'm up for it. Come on over for the get together Friday too.

thanks everyone--EANDiver that sounds good if you're up to it--I'll send you a PM. (I'd prefer to go this weekend since weather forecast seems to be good.)

The happy hour idea sounds good as well--I'll try to make it. Is this very informal or do I need to RSVP on this board if I can't make it for some reason (unlikely)?

It's as informal as can be. A couple of us will be there by 5:30 and the rest ( slackers ) will show up at 7.

Excellent day today. Cloudy with rain, high 40's, lower 50's for air, a warm 72 for the water and you in a 5 mil in the water for 2 hours straight.

Hudson Grotto next Saturday will be a breeze compared to today, right?

Thanks John, enjoyed the dives today.

Mark-
at least the sleet failed to materialize :)
I had a great time! Thanks again for everything. Amazing to have such visibility in a freshwater environment (despite my best silting "efforts")
I'm definitely interested in going to Hudson.

Excellent day today. Cloudy with rain, high 40's, lower 50's for air, a warm 72 for the water and you in a 5 mil in the water for 2 hours straight.

Hudson Grotto next Saturday will be a breeze compared to today, right?

Thanks John, enjoyed the dives today.

What time is the Grotto on Saturday ?
That is , if you still want me to pop down.

Silt Platoon

What time is the Grotto on Saturday ?
That is , if you still want me to pop down.

Silt Platoon

Jean,

I am not sure but I think I may have met you in Luraville in October, and again in November. If that was not you, I apologize. I will be back at Luraville doing full cave cert from Feb 29 to March 9. Looking forward to it. Do you plan to be in the area then? Maybe we can do cow spring on a night dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom