Springs this week, anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First and foremost welcome to the board. Now as far as Hudson Grotto..... DON'T OVER DIVE YOUR ABILITIES!!!!!!! It can be a great dive if you go with someone that has been there and you stay shallow. It gets really dark as you go deeper so beware. I enjoyed it when I went with EAN and I want to go do it again but I have been diving for a couple of years and have done night dives and just about every other dive I could find. I would say it is an Advanced Dive but if you go with an experienced diver that has been there you will probably be O.K. :D

What Ken said.....if every dive is within your training and comfort level it will be a great day.

See you Saturday.

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post and I am happy to say I will be joining you on Sat at Hudson Grotto. I have manily been diving with Calypso Divers up till now and I wish branch out and meet some new divers. I plan to get there around 8:30am and do 2 maybe 3 dives. I am riding solo so if you need a Buddy let me know. This will be my first dive at the Hudson but I am comfortable with the depth and the darkness.

-Ben

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I’ll take your advice and stick to the shallower depths.

I’m looking forward to the dive and meeting everyone on Saturday.

Hello Everyone!
I have manily been diving with Calypso Divers up till now

-Ben

I DiveMaster for them.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I’ll take your advice and stick to the shallower depths.

I’m looking forward to the dive and meeting everyone on Saturday.

One thing for everyone coming on Saturday to consider seriously. If you plan on going to the bottom, you really need to be good at the frog kick. One regular fin kick is all it takes for a total silt out on the bottom. When that happens the vis is shot for the day, and zero vis at 107 feet is dangerous to say the least.

See you all there.

Narcosis - Yep, I met you when I was tagging along at Rainbow and you were assisting with an Open Water Class.

I DiveMaster for them.

One thing for everyone coming on Saturday to consider seriously. If you plan on going to the bottom, you really need to be good at the frog kick. One regular fin kick is all it takes for a total silt out on the bottom. When that happens the vis is shot for the day, and zero vis at 107 feet is dangerous to say the least.

See you all there.

(ERP) :confused:
Oh , I thought you said Flog Kick. (phew) :D

Seriously , my employer (IBM) might have other plans to travel somewhere this weekend , so now my status is IFFY !!! (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)
I'll let you know.

Da Beano

8:30 hmmmm. Maybe if I can get all my stuff done tomorrow...

Same here,If we both make it tomorrow do you need a buddy? I usually take my sister when we dive the grotto,but mom and dad are out of town and don't want her diving this weekend.

Thanks,
Amanda

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom