Spring Strap Mounting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeffrey-c

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What have people found to be the best way to set up your spring straps against your heels? With your foot (in bootie) fully into the foot pocket, do you have the spring just lightly pressure on the back of the heel, strong pressure, barely touch, or??? Also, how do you set it up to best accommodate different bootie styles, for example a thin bootie in warm water but thicker boots with soles for colder diving?

The one I got puts some pressure against my heel. It's not squishing my toes in, nor is it likely to fall off. The spring adjusts itself for different thickness booties

My spring straps are set up for my drysuit boots. They are too loose for wetsuit booties, so on the rare occasions that I dive wet, I pull off the spring straps and throw on the old rubber straps or use the other set of fins. If I dove wet more often, I would probably buy another set of spring straps...

Mine are snug, but not too tight- I guess light pressure. I've had them too tight before and after a while, it feels like the spring strap is cutting through my ankle.

Just tight enough so as not to fall off with my 3mm booties. They are still comfortable with my 5mm booties.

Thanks, all, good advice!

Back
Top Bottom