Source for blue drygolves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crab

Contributor
Reaction score
I was diving with bandito a few weeks ago and someone on the boat mentioned a marine supply store in Seattle that carries the blue gloves that work with the DC rings. Does anyone happen to know the place they may have suggested.

Thanks!

crab:
I was diving with bandito a few weeks ago and someone on the boat mentioned a marine supply store in Seattle that carries the blue gloves that work with the DC rings. Does anyone happen to know the place they may have suggested.

Thanks!

I don't use the blue gloves any more. They're not made to last (in my experience) and unless you're lucky it's hard to find them in just the right size.

Instead I buy my dry gloves at a shop that sells construction materials in the section with tools for working with chemicals. I have a pair of black ones and pair of red ones (different sizes for different seasons/thickness of liners). They're tougher than the blue gloves (a lot tougher) and they cost about $5 instead of $50 (or more). I attach them to my drysuit with an aftermarket ring system that I got from my LDS. I think the rings come from Bare. My total out-of-pocket cost for two pair of gloves plus the rings was on the order of $25-30.

R..

Thanks for the responses. Seattle Marine jarred my memory. I'm confident it is the place they mentioned. Although, since I don't get to the Seattle area very often I will take a look at a few local places that sell concrete/chemical gloves. I'm fairly certain that anything with a sufficiently long rubber gauntlet will work. It's just a matter of attaching it correctly to the glove ring.

What I really want to do here is ditch the crushed neoprene gloves I paid way too much for. I have about 40 dives on them and the rubber sealant on the inside of the left glove is cracking and leaking. I can't tell you how thrilled I am about that...

Same thing happened to me with my DC neoprene gloves. They lasted about 15 dives and started splitting between the fingers and leaked. Not only that but the DC rings put too much stress on the wrist seals and they failed early too. I ended up ditching the DC ring system altogether (very poor customer service) and switched to Si-Tech. Those rings with the $10 Seattle Marine blue gloves and I'm good to go.

Anybody want a mint condition DC dry glove ring system (sans the neo gloves)???

FYI - I personally like the gloves with the removable liners. The nice thing about that is if you should get a bad seal on your ring and get the glove wet on your first dive, then you grab your backup liners and voila - dry hands for dive #2. I've also smelled my friends gloves - downwind from a distance, because they have the funk going on.

At Seattle Marine you can get gloves and liners for $10. or so per pair.

I agree with OE2X... my gloves sometimes have an intriguing odour. :D

Don't get black gloves. Get blue, yellow, dayglow orange or even white if you can... makes hand signals stand out.

anyone have a trick for getting the gloves on the rings? i've been fighting with one of my drygloves again tonight trying to get it on, and it just won't go - i can't figure out how i managed to get the other one on before...

It always seems to take two people to get the glove on the Diving Concepts or OS rings. One person to hold the ring and glove in place - the other to manipulate the o ring into the groove.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom