7/8 UNF

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to start by saying I’m a machinist with my own small shop.

My initial response to the repairs and mods you guys are making or suggesting scared the **** out of me.

That said, I’ve taken a couple of deep breaths and after the initial denial and fear phases I’m working my way towards acceptance.

You guys are a bad influence on me , cheers :cheers:

I have to start by saying I’m a machinist with my own small shop.
I apprenticed in a machine shop for four years: I can relate. They have some good ideas that buck the norms. I like!

No. No, you don't. Tools are their own justification. It's better if they have no idea what they're used for. The more tools you have, the easier it is to hide your new tools among your classics. I've been collecting Scuba gear and tools since 1969. I have them everywhere. I even have tools for my tools.

I was thinking justifying tools for my business 😀, I do use hp air for my work some of the time,

I apprenticed in a machine shop for four years: I can relate. They have some good ideas that buck the norms. I like!

Yeah i have never used, tracy's method, its definitely interesting way.

But I have never wrecked a din,
YET. But now I will.

I was thinking justifying tools for my business 😀, I do use hp air for my work some of the time,
As a tax write-off, sure. There are very few tools I don't own or have access to, including an almost full machine shop.

Yeah @#%$* 300 bar valves prrrrffftttt belch, 6 hours and 55 seconds wasted

View attachment 809057

Imagine if you had to fill two tanks
I can't fill two 300 bar tanks on the same day. 300 bar tanks have to be dropped and picked up another day.

As a tax write-off, sure. There are very few tools I don't own or have access to, including an almost full machine shop.
I wish I had a full machine shop. I have a nice lathe, but my mill is just a griizzly bench top unit. Someday I may pick up an actual mill, but currently I just use what I have.

I even have tools for my tools.

Dude, ha ah ah ah aha ha ha haha ah ah ah ah ah ha ha ha ha haha now I'm puffed out from laughing sitting down

Anybody know what the actual difference in thread depth is between 200 bar and 300 bar?

I can measure when I get back to my shop but seems like good info to post here if someone knows.

Edit: if I recall correctly it’s 14 TPI, so ~.178” between 300 bar and 200 bar, that sound right?

7 thread Vs 9 thread is the spec, but most combi valves are only 5 threads. That would be 0.35" or just over 3/8". That was calculated based on 5/8-14 BSP (parallel).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom