Source for blue drygolves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont:
anyone have a trick for getting the gloves on the rings? i've been fighting with one of my drygloves again tonight trying to get it on, and it just won't go - i can't figure out how i managed to get the other one on before...

Use a felt pen to draw a line around the glove at the point where you want the ring. having the visual reference helps a lot. Once you get it where you want it then carefully fold the extra material inside the glove. That will hold the ring in place and it's easier to put the outer ring on. When you put the outer ring on put it on as loosely as you can at first and get out all the folds in the materal before you press the ring all the way in.

Good luck

R..

If your on the oregon coast look at Englund Marine. They have the blue gloves in many sizes and types vinyl or nitrile, with liner or with out. they are in Astoria, Newport, Coosbay. Prices appear to be the same as seattle marine.

Jay
Lost in Brownsmead

Diving Concepts supposedly sells a tool that will help you attach new gloves to the rings. However, the last time I spoke to them, they said they were out of stock.

The way I do it is to use two people. I trim the gloves if necessary. Then, I fold the edge of the glove around the O-ring, and fir one end over the dry ring. I clamp it in place with one of those "squeeze-lock" clamps and then move as much of the rest of the glove I can onto the dry ring and add another clamp. I hold the dry ring while my partner "rolls" the glove onto the ring which I found was much easier than physically trying to stretch the glove over the ring. I add clamps as necessary.

It was fairly difficult at first, but got easier as I did the other gloves. Good luck, and let me know if you need any clarification.

I love my BARE Blue Dry Suit Gloves.

With the turn style ring to put them on it doesnt take a lot of effort, and the insides are soft and warm. Never a leak with these and my fingers are always warm.

=) K.

I love my BARE Blue Dry Suit Gloves. ...
I think those are the same as the "Blue Smurfs", aka Showa/Atlas; many drysuit makers repackage the critters & double - triple the cost, though DUI used to move the decimal point over 1 place after doubeling. :crafty:

I'd have to agree on getting removable liners. I ended up cutting mine out because the funk got so bad. They got damp and I forgot them in my dive bin for a week, oops.

I actually ended up buying a single layer black fleece glove for underneath. Thin enough and warm enough. They cost me $6.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom