Sol / Luna trimix upgrade progess?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DA Aquamaster

Directional Toast
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Any idea when this will be out?

In a related note, given that I am currently doing trimix dives with a Luna in gauge mode, I noted that in gauge mode, that's all you get - depth and time. It works as a bottom timer to support a dive plan or as a back up, but it's unfortunate that you lose all the other great functions on a Luna such as a very accurate electronic compass, book mark capability and the ability to reference the pictures stored on the Luna - which I have used to save stick maps of caves, etc.

The point being that the Luna potentially offers a great deal of functionality that my primary trimix computer (a Shearwater Predator) does not. It would be beneficial if Scubapro/Uwatec were to release a firmware update that allowed all functions in gauge more EXCEPT decompression information.

Reactions: Jax
I'm very interested in hearing the official word from Scubapro too. I was going to post this question myself. There's been lots of questions about this, there's even a group on Facebook.

The latest rumors are that it's still in beta test. Scubapro still has the application page up asking for trimix volunteers. SCUBAPRO - TRIMIX BETA TEST

I've got a Luna upgraded to HRM and PMG and I've been kicking myself for not getting the Shearwater instead!

Reactions: Jax
If they are still looking for beta testers I'll send the required stuff to Jules - but it's potentially problematic as I've had issues successfully doing firmware updates on my Luna.

I have a Shearwater Preadator, and it's a great primary computer, but the Luna is potetially the perfect complement if the trimix upgrade is released, as it does things the Predator does does not.

Hi Everyone,

If you are a certified Trimix Diver, who owns a Galileo Computer, and meets the requirements of the program you can join our Beta Test Team and use our Trimix algorithm. Details on how to join can be found here:
SCUBAPRO - TRIMIX BETA TEST

Thanks for your support!

@ DA Aquamaster :

During a dive in gauge mode on the Luna the following information is displayed:
-current depth
-dive time
-tank pressure
-stopwatch
-maximum depth
-temperature
-time of day
-average depth
-in case of an ascent: ascent speed

Also, you can bookmark, and use the digital compass.

Please see section 3.7 Gauge Mode on pages 59 and 60 in the Galileo Luna Manual for more details.

Awww, Kate, don't be so picky! Some of us not-yet trimix folks would like to beta the upgrade to see the changes, if any, to the nitrox models.

Please? :praying:

I'll get it wet again this week, but last time I tried the book mark functions were not available in gauge
mode - i suppose it could be an issue on my specific unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom