So who on the board has made a dif to you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill:
NetDoc for putting this crazy community together in the first place.

You need to thank King Neptune and Lady Diver for the board although NetDoc has carried the torch he was passed high and proudly.

There are so many people that have impacted me. Some because they helped and some because they made me clarify my opinion even though I might adamantly disagree with them.

I have to go old school with my kudos... detroitdiver for making me dive a bp/w for the first time, Popeye for spending countless hours in the water with me making me really learn to dive not just breathe underwater, Capt Jim Wyatt for giving me my first chance at a career in dive, jepuskar (the king of all trolls) if only because he and I started out at about the same time and have followed similar paths, rotuner for always having a sane voice in insane threads, Mike Ferrara for shooting from the hip (even though we might disagree), Uncle Pug for giving me some very sage advice during a critical time in my diving career, and I'd be willing to bet I've left out about a zillion people who have impacted me.

Everyone who posts here makes the board what it is and for that you are all to be commended.

Rachel

All of the regular posters like NWgratefuldiver, DandyDon, TSandM, Lamont, Catherine, drbill, and the many, many others that have decided to share their knowledge and opinions with all of us. I may not agree with all of them but I do respect all of them. Thank you!

I have only met and dove with Green_Manelishi (but have had offers from others that I have not yet been able to take them up on...yet). Thank you GM for sharing your knowledge (and patience) with me at Nubble Point Lighthouse. Hope to impose myself on you again next year. I hope you'll be proud of my improvements in my skills.

chipwd:
All of the regular posters like NWgratefuldiver, DandyDon, TSandM, Lamont, Catherine, drbill, and the many, many others that have decided to share their knowledge and opinions with all of us. I may not agree with all of them but I do respect all of them. Thank you!

I have only met and dove with Green_Manelishi (but have had offers from others that I have not yet been able to take them up on...yet). Thank you GM for sharing your knowledge (and patience) with me at Nubble Point Lighthouse. Hope to impose myself on you again next year. I hope you'll be proud of my improvements in my skills.

You are very welcome and you are not an imposition :D

well, i am new at this, so i wanna thank every one that takes the time to stair at their screen to help new and old and non divers to have a better understanding of the world we all love.
and of course to the SB creators and administrators without y'all SB wouldn't be what it is today.

Thanks to all SB members, y'all made SB the Encyclopedia of Diving.

And of course Big Jet Driver - whom many of miss so badly it's still difficult to mention his name, perhaps - but he was a great contributor.

leah:
<snip>

PerroneFord. He has spent countless hours explaining gear, answering diving questions, and pointing me to many web sites with very informative articles and movie clips. <snip>
You too? :wink:

Gotta say that one of the first members to extend a helping hand was Uncle Pug when he disassembled his spg to take a picture of the "spool" so I could see the part I was missing from my spg. I was impressed that a complete stranger, 3000 miles away would go to that much trouble to answer such a simple inquiry (not even OW certified yet) Over the past couple of years his PM's and visits have proven what an encourager and caring person he is.

Most of my interaction with SBers has been in a similar vein and makes me eager to do the same for the next "generation" of members who come along.

This is one nice group of people, and I am pleased to be a part of this little community.

Aloha, Tim

Great Thread!

Uncle Pug stands out initially. Certainly Bob, who's answered PM's and who I hope to get a chance to go diving with some day.

DA_Aquamaster who's posts in the regulator forum have explained so much about how those little suckers really work.

Dr Deco and all the other contributors in the Medical forum.

Lamont, who's posts on Rock Bottom really made me think about air consumption and planning.

And every single other poster who posted not to try to make themselves look better, but to answer questions and to try to help other members become safer, better divers. :)

Bjorn

Gotta be Dandydon for laughing at me!!
Sam Miller for taking the mickey and his buddy suit and
Jeepchick, Indydivegirl for being totally insane therefore proving that i am not alone in this world.!!!!!

annasea:

Yeah, when it comes to sharing the love of scuba, Perrone really gets around! I can’t tell you how many times I have sent him a PM, email or IM and he is here Johnny on the spot with answer to help me. Always seems pleased to help, never annoyed! I think a big part of his identity as a person is someone who reaches out to others to help them pursue their interests and dreams. He seeks to lift people up and encourage them. When I first started talking with him, I googled his name. He coaches soccer and has written several articles to help kids follow that dream and to get into good colleges. I think if I were to slap a label on him, it would be something like encouraging mentor or teacher.

He has also challenged me on quite a few things and really made me think. It has really made a safer and more knowledgeable diver. He has been very patient with all of my newbie doobie questions. He has also took me under his wing and helped to supplement my basic OW training. As most of us know it is so fast these days and doesn’t cover as much as one might like. As my OW instructor told me it is just a learners permit. Well, PF has brought up several topics and helped me build a better foundation of knowledge.

Annasea, glad to hear that he has helped you too. I just don’t think he can help himself!!! Helping and encouraging others is in his blood!! I don’t think we are alone either. I think there are a lot more folks who have encountered him that have been blessed by his encouragement and knowledge.

To all those who have shared so far, and to those who have yet to share, THANK YOU! I think it is important from time to time to stock of those who touch out lives for both good and bad. The people we allow to touch and influence us, speaks not only volumes about them, but us too. For those who help and influence us in a positive direction, it important to tell them from time to time that they matter. Not only that they matter, but how and why. After they have reached out to help one way or another, it is good for us and for them to reach back and say thank you.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!:wink:
Leah:10: :10: :10: :10: :10: :10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom