So who on the board has made a dif to you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friends aside since I've made many very close ones... The people that have the biggest influence on my diving are:

Uncle Pug - You cannot read a post of his without learning something. He also spent our very first dive in 8' of water teaching me how to hover. Countless dives and advetures later, he is one of my closest friends.

Gratefuldiver - Bob has been both an instructor, mentor, dive buddy and friend. When I got separated from my wife and Bob found out he immediately gave me his house key with the understanding that whenever I came to town I was to use his home. It's been well over a year now and I stay here frequently as I am doing so now and will be doing over Christmas. Oh and we will be spending Christmas day at Uncle Pug's and his family. Life just doesn't get any better than being surrounded by friends.

TS&M - Though we have only dove twice together - her insights about diving captivate me. She is a thinking diver and an incredibly kind human being. She took seven hours to sit bedside with me after I got out of surgery this past Friday so that I would have company. She is as interesting and compassionate (well maybe more so) in person than on SB. We spoke for hours during her visit and I am grateful for the warmth she bestowed upon me.

Rick Inman - Another good friend. I knew this guy when he couldn't even frog kick his way around the swamp. Now he has gone all tech on me and it is he who is teaching me. He is another thinking diver and I love his humor. It means he is great underwater and you'll laugh and learn on the SI.

Doc Intrepid - Again another thinking diver. I would pay to dive with Doc. I also love his wit and candor.

Lamont - he and I took fundies together. This guy frequently speaks beyond my intelligence level, but what I have grasped from him has changed my diving in huge ways. He has made me a much better diver. He is an awesome buddy and one whos skills can be trusted at all times.

Mike Ferrara - I can't read a post of his without learning some new nugget of wisdom. I would love to dive with him sometime.

DA Aquamaster - A standout when it comes to regs.

JeffG - No one is funnier on this than Jeff. He has a standing invite to come diving off my boat any time he wants come to Seattle.

MSilva - I'm a lurker on TDS, but that board has helped make me a better diver.

There have been so many people that I've learned a great deal from on this board over the years since I've been a member. Too many to really mention... all of the above and then some, but a couple worth mentioning.

Mike Ferrara - so much I've gained from his insights on training and have applied much of this in my own development as an instructor

Mo2vation - well, what can I say Ken, but you just plain crack me up. :)

I joined in sept. of this year and in the short while that I've been here I've come away with alot new insights into things scuba that I would have otherwise not known.
Those that I would thank are:
(In no particular order)
DA Aquamaster
Tobin
TSandM
NWGratefuldiver
Dr. Deco
Jeff G'
There are others too, But these folks to me are thinkers, The ones I look to see what they have posted.

Well, this is my first post here in a few months.

Wanted to thank you for the kind comments. There have been many who've helped me on this path over the years. And it's been a pleasure meeting and diving with the folks from this board.

(back to my hole)

Ah,
I don't know about making a difference, BUT, impression yes!

H2Andy....what a crack up, must be fun to drink and dive with(not at the same time)
How can someone be so Liberal and own an AK47?......:D

FishbOy.....I'll never be the same after watching him dive in a speedo! Please, not the BORAT next! but the gloves are a nice touch!........:D

I'd have to say TS&M, her post a while back about dragging along a new diver really hit home with me. Since then I started my DM and have been dragging new divers out to the water regularly.

Then there are the local people who I have dove with:
The Hobster- great instructor
Jeepchick- my regular dive buddy now!
Indy dive gal- scary funny diver

All the regulars, especially JeffG- he could make Einstein feel stupid.

When you guys have finished stroking each others ego, get some diving in ok :)

I vote for ShakaZulu, he's much funnier than JeffG :D

To the people mentioned already (O2EX has a good list and if I start naming names, I'm sure to leave somone out) I will add the friends and new dive buddys I have made here on this board ..

O2EX ... glad your on the mend and are in such good hands .. :D

Too many folks here to mention.

Though I haven't participated in some of the discussions regarding the finer points of diving and safety, I have been thoroughly impressed with the expertise and common sense advice from many folks out there. There are simply too many SB'ers to mention without forgetting somebody important. Though I haven't expressed it in these posts, I would just like to say thanks to all.

On a personal note, when I was new to the board and going through a tough time with two friends dying on me, I could not believe the support and helpful advice I received from total strangers. That really took me back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom