So who on the board has made a dif to you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Contributor
Reaction score
This week I have been looking back over my scuba journey this past year. I was certified in June. Since I began the process of learning to dive—I have only just begun to learn even after a few months of diving, I have come to the understanding that Scuba Board has been a large part of my diving education. Certain board members in particular has stood out to me by their posts and sometimes reached out to a struggling diver like myself.

So herein lies my question, who on scuba board, either through their posts in general or their posts in specific response to your questions have made a difference to you.

Here are my top four. There are many that I admire, and that have been helpful. There these are the top four that have impacted me the most personally:

TsandM—she is very knowledgeable and smart, but never comes off as a know it all. She does her best to break it down so that a simple person like myself can understand. With the many questions I have asked on the board and in PM’s she has always taken time to give a thoughtful and in depth answer. She examined the details a dive that went very wrong for me and helped me work though it and understand what happened so I could learn from it. I never feel her answers are off the cuff.

TheRedHead—she doesn’t hold back with her posts. They are too the point, full of great info and are very helpful. She hasn’t posted in a few months. I hope all is well with her. I enjoy her some times feisty posts.

PerroneFord. He has spent countless hours explaining gear, answering diving questions, and pointing me to many web sites with very informative articles and movie clips. I consider him my dive mentor even though we have never been in the water together and have not met in person.

Jocasseegirl I first met her on this site and then one day as a newbie at the waters edge. Having a great dive buddy like her next to me in the water has helped me to attempt to put into practice all the head knowledge that I have gained. She has become a great friend in and out of the water. I have nick named her my “FAIRY DIVE MOTHER” and a great FDM she is.

So thank you and Merry Christmas Scuba Board for giving me the presents of these wonderful people into my life who have helped me to be a better diver.

So who has made a difference for you and how have they helped you in your diving life?

I guess I should add Net Doc in there because without him there would be no SB. I haven't had a lot of personal interaction with him, but do appreciate all he has done to form and keep this site up.

TSandM for sure. I'd like to think that I'm just a year or so behind her as I progress, so I can read about her adventures and know what's coming.

I have made many friends (too many to list here as I would be afraid of missing someone if I tried, but they know who they are and that's enough) and even dived with some of them because of SB. I have used the board to research dive destinations and plan trips. I think SB is a great tool for lots of people to learn from, a place to meet new dive buddies, and make lots of new friends. SB is great for the diving industry as well and I am very glad I found it. No other board comes close this one.

Nice Kudos Forum thread...
xmas-smiley-004.gif

Bob :D

plot:
DandyDon becuase he always uses smilies in his posts. :D

He is a jolly chap isn't he! I have read a lot of Dandy's posts and enjoy them. I also like his new avatar pic. I think he is cute with that hangle bar above his lip and like the hat too! One thinng I notice in Dandy's posts is that he is always trying to improve his skills and safety and help others do the same.

I do think his avatar pic has a hard time rivaling cbulla and TSandM's Christmas look. Please don't get me wrong. I am not asking Dandy to pose in a speedo--PLEASE DON'T!

In no particular order:

DandyDon for making me feel at home when I first joined and for his humor.

Alcina for her advice and encouragement in purchasing my Olympus SP350 and PY-030 housing.

TSandM for her welcome when I first joined.

NwGratefulDiver for his paper on Gas Management and the knowledge he shares here.

Bob Arlen for his articles on Photoshop. They make me look as though I know what I'm doing!

Thanks to all of you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom