So,..... When you guys (& gals, of course) coming down this way?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you go tech eventually, you'll probably have to get some larger wings. My Dive Rite wings are 70 # of lift. I have OMS wings also that are about 60# of lift. Those steel cylinders are very negative. In a drysuit with very thick undergarments, I need no extra weight. In fact my first time diving doubles, I foolishly let ll the air out. I was drug down to 95 ft at the quarry in less than a minute. Needless to say it scared the beegeebers out of me. It was Brain Tierney (the one who went with you on your drysuit dive) who got me to dive deep with the twin cylinders again. It was an excellent dive. It was a big boost to my confidence.

It was great meeting everybody down at Pennyroyal on Sunday. I missed some of the regulars who were there Saturday - hope to see some of you at Joe's.

Thanks to Wally for diving with me, and Tammy for setting up the weekend. I'm so glad I went - what a great bunch of people!

Looking forward to the next gathering...
David Provost
david@provostweb.com

i have a question i am getting to buy a reg set. I was looking at getting the Dive Rite rg3000 a pair of those with the cobra 3 console. What are your takes on that reg or do you have any suggestions? I want something that i can use with doubles and later on into tech diving.

I have an RG2015 and RG2010 and I love them. Dive Rite regulators are good solid regulators. Many cave divers have used them for years so they are perfectly suited for tech diving. Later on if you decide you'd like to service your own regulators the parts are easy to get from many sources. You'd be hard pressed to find anything better imho.

I bet that scared you pretty good tammy when you sank like a rock. I do plan on going tech eventually. I also got a 90lb dual bladder wing when i purchased the harness. so i think that should do it i just don't want to buy gear that i am not going to use later on when i get into tech.

What day is it??? Man I am beat.
It was a good weekend and I think everyone had fun. If not it was your own fault. I'm sure that Krobi had fun since I found the RV and was able to jump start the truck.
Bob I will see what I got on video and post it.

Just for the record. I dove with two newbs and came back with both, no troubles at all. So the way that I see this is it is Chris that causes the UW problems.

Pennyroyal is on my return to list. If we can enjoy it on a weekend with well over 100 divers we can enjoy it any time.

Pennyroyal is on my return to list. If we can enjoy it on a weekend with well over 100 divers we can enjoy it any time.

I was thinking the same thing, I can only imagine how good the vis must be without that many divers in the water!

Bob I will see what I got on video and post it.

Just for the record. I dove with two newbs and came back with both, no troubles at all. So the way that I see this is it is Chris that causes the UW problems.

Thanks, I can't wait to see it.

As for the second part, I'm not getting into that one but I will vouch for Wally being a great dive buddy.

I was thinking the same thing, I can only imagine how good the vis must be without that many divers in the water!

I took my O/W training there last October. There were never more than 15-20 divers in the water and the vis was at least 30'. I could be at the back of the cabin cruiser and plainly see the front, I'm sure that boat is over 30' long. That was also during a drought so there was no limestone dust running off into the quarry. This has been a very rainy season.

Back
Top Bottom