New diver looking for a dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I definitely will. Thanks

One other thing for diving and working on skills look at west palm area rather than they keys. Hotels in the keys are outrageous right now.

One other thing for diving and working on skills look at west palm area rather than they keys. Hotels in the keys are outrageous right now.
I figured the keys would be more comfortable due to the visibility and water tends to be more forgiving. I could be wrong on the forgiving part. I have snorkeled in the keys since a kid but never been out in the water anywhere north of that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hello divers. I'm Deshawn. I have been certified with PADI OW since 2011 and did not take advantage of it until last year in Turks & Caicos. Now I have the fever and am looking to explore it more. I travel around quite a bit and would love to find a dive buddy that has similar interest. I live in Jacksonville, FL but grew up and spend a lot of time in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I'm hoping to get my advanced OW certification in December and plan on doing the Keys a few times since I've always gone down there as a youth. I've visited Iceland and snorkeled the Silfra Fissure but unfortunately didn't get my dry suit cert in time and will be going back next year.

I hope to learn a lot from fellow divers and make this a long term hobby of mine and learn a lot while doing so. Anyone interested, please feel free to contact me.
Hello Deshawn,

Let me know if you're ever travelling around Spain, Red Sea, Kenya, Zanzibar, or Mozambique. We can go on a few dives.

On the other hand, now that you have the fever, pick up as many dives as you can:)

I figured the keys would be more comfortable due to the visibility and water tends to be more forgiving. I could be wrong on the forgiving part. I have snorkeled in the keys since a kid but never been out in the water anywhere north of that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Charters out of west palm is drift. BHB is one of easiest sites in existence. As for water temp and VIS. They are both the same to this NE diver.

Hello Deshawn,

Let me know if you're ever travelling around Spain, Red Sea, Kenya, Zanzibar, or Mozambique. We can go on a few dives.

On the other hand, now that you have the fever, pick up as much dives as you can:)
Will do. Went to Spain back in '09 but wasn't diving then but I have a cousin that lives there and I will probably be going there early next year. I'll let you know.

Charters out of west palm is drift. BHB is one of easiest sites in existence. As for water temp and VIS. They are both the same to this NE diver.
I'm intrigued but nervous about drift diving at the same time. Don't want to get lost at sea. Is it a mild current or rather heavy? I'm waiting to get Advanced OW but then I'm willing to do it.

I'm intrigued but nervous about drift diving at the same time. Don't want to get lost at sea. Is it a mild current or rather heavy? I'm waiting to get Advanced OW but then I'm willing to do it.

When I was there it was moving pretty good, but they were doing OW classes off the boat. BHB had none

Hello divers. I'm Deshawn. I have been certified with PADI OW since 2011 and did not take advantage of it until last year in Turks & Caicos. Now I have the fever and am looking to explore it more. I travel around quite a bit and would love to find a dive buddy that has similar interest. I live in Jacksonville, FL but grew up and spend a lot of time in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I'm hoping to get my advanced OW certification in December and plan on doing the Keys a few times since I've always gone down there as a youth. I've visited Iceland and snorkeled the Silfra Fissure but unfortunately didn't get my dry suit cert in time and will be going back next year.

I hope to learn a lot from fellow divers and make this a long term hobby of mine and learn a lot while doing so. Anyone interested, please feel free to contact me.

Hi Deshawn. I understand that fever!!, LoL, had it for decades. My parents ran a scuba school in north AL for 17 years. I began diving at age-7 & graduated Instructor college at age 16. Now at 63 it's still one of my favorites! I'd like to do some easier dives with you first, gradually increasing difficulty until we do one of the greatest dives EVER - the Oriskany!! - before I'm too old to handle it, :). Currently I'm still strong but in another decade, who knows? NEXT WEEK I'm coming thru your area headed to a baseball tourney in Ft Myers, then driving back to Huntsville, AL on Nov 13/14. So if you're avail for an easier spring dive on Nov 1st or 2nd next week and/or on Nov 13/14 2 weeks later?, please let me know. I'm thinking fairly near Jacksonville, like Ginnie Springs, Alexander Sprgs or Itchetucknee maybe (I did the latter at about 10 yrs old, half a CENTURY ago!!). If you have other preferences, I'm quite flexible where. I will need to rent a tank down there, have all other gear. Then we can plan further ahead for a more difficult fun dive (but still not TOO hard), such as the Spiegel Grove in Key Largo, one I've wanted to do for quite a while (you mentioned the Keys... there are several wrecks & reefs I'd like to see there). Eventually we can do a more technical dive on the giant "Big-O". Would be terrific. Call or text me about the next 3 weeks? Dave McClure 256-975-1598

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom