So,..... When you guys (& gals, of course) coming down this way?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Tammy
I think i might just take you up on that offer. It alot more fun having someone to dive with. I do need to get a hood though because last i checked PSC was out of med hoods.
I prefer to get one of the whites zipper hood it was comfortable when i tried it on at the demo. I wouldn't mind learning doubles as well i just bought me a BP/W BC and want to try it out.

i have a question i am getting to buy a reg set. I was looking at getting the Dive Rite rg3000 a pair of those with the cobra 3 console. What are your takes on that reg or do you have any suggestions? I want something that i can use with doubles and later on into tech diving.

Last edited:
Over_Board, what part of TN are you from? I'm only 25 miles north of the quarry. Maybe we'll get a chance to dive together.

i am just on the border of TN and KY in Clarksville.

Cool, we will have to dive together sometime. We're about 60 miles apart and the quarry is right in the middle.

On another note, I REALLY hope that some of the video that Wally shot on the first dive comes out good. Since he was my dive buddy, he shot a lot of me underwater. I would love to see what I look like (or maybe not:confused: )

i might go to the quarry next sunday and meet with Tammy hopefully i am over this sinus cold by then i should be though its getting better.

i might go to the quarry next sunday and meet with Tammy hopefully i am over this sinus cold by then i should be though its getting better.

I feel for you. I had that problem most of last week. I didn't know if I would be able to dive this weekend. I got lucky and it cleared up enough to dive yesterday.

I'll be at the quarry Saturday for a stress and rescue class. I doubt that I'll come back on Sunday but maybe. I'll let you know.

I will be assisting with the Stress & Rescue course on Sat. & plan on being there Sun to see if I can pick up a dive or 2.

Over Board, as for your question on the Dive Rite regulator. I can't say I'm familiar with their regulators. I do have quite a bit of Dive Rite stuff & it is of good quality. I have a 10 watt HID light, 2 Nitek Duo computers, wings, back plate & harness from Dive Rite. My regulators are Scuba Pro's MK25/ S600. I own 5 of them. I haven't found a regulator that breathes easier (but then the downside is, they tend to easily fee flow & freeze up). 1 I gave to my dad, 1 is my recreational reg, 2 of them for my doubles & 1 as a deco bottle reg. Maybe, someday, once you get some more experience in singles first, I can let you try out a set of doubles. I have a spare back plate, wings, doubled tanks & harness, but not another set of doubles regulators. It's a whole different way of diving. took me about a year to get comfy with mine. For the time being, I have a Single tank adapter for the back plate if you'd like to try a BP/W in a single tank. The only thin about my harness, is the back plate takes a 1" crotch strap & I don't have a spare.

i just bought the OMS IQ with the 45lb bladder w/retraction bands. I was going to get the OMS reg but i haven't heard a lot about them i seen more reviews on the dive rite regs and a lot of good info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom