So,..... When you guys (& gals, of course) coming down this way?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Always looking for new places for long weekends. Directions please.

I typically dive at Pennyroyal Scuba in Hopkinsville, KY (South West Corner). Not sure of the route you'd take into Kentucky. Once in the Louisville/ Lexington region the best & probably easiest way is to get on the Western KY Parkway heading west. Once you get to the Pennyrile parkway, you would then head south towards Hopkinsville (about 30 mi.) Get off on exit 9. Turn left onto HWY 68 towards Elkton, Ky. Cross over the parkway. The entrance to the quarry is a gravel road on the right 50- 100yds past the last ramp. Go back a little way & look to the left for a 2 story red building (quarry's office). You're there.

Going to FRP this weekend and Pennyroyal is on the list. The LDS went a couple of weeks ago and I wish that I would have known it.

Definately on my list for the summer as well. Maybe we can figure out a date this weekend and get a group together...

New Horizons will be down there with students on June 13-14. Several instructors/divers will be down on the evening of June 12 to do some diving before the students come down. We will be camping (weather permitting). I think Lou and Julie will be there.

--
Matt

I will be down there June 13th & 14th, also, assisting 2 other instructors from my LDS (Aquatech). Looks like we may have a large group of Open Water divers to check out. I will also probably be camping there that weekend. perhaps I'll be able to get over there & introduce myself.

13-14 are marked on my calendar. I haven't heard back from anyone local so who knows. I think it might be because I am now one of those weird tec divers. Ya know I also dive steel cylinders.

Sounds good to me, maybe I can even get Monica to camp! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom