Slow loading and............

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have cleared all my browsing data and I have tried on 2 different computers at home where I have a 17mbit dsl connection.
I have also tried from work where we have a 200mbit fiber connection.
For the past two days I have been having EXTREMELY long loading times on both posting and navigating the forum. I do however NOT have it on every click.
Sometimes I have almost instant response, but most of the time it can take literarilly minutes.
I do not have this issue with any other sites and I do not have any downloads or load-heavy processes running in the background.
The past 2 days however is the first time Ive had this issue.

Right now, the average nudibranch is faster than ScubaBoard, much faster. I think I'll go and do something more fast-paced and exciting like watching paint dry.

Issue is on SB side it seems as server acknowledges receipt of the GET request then there is 10+ second delay before next packet is received from the server. I've seen over a minute delays on responses.

If I were venture to guess you are having an issue of starving resources on Apache. Generally apache only handles 250 concurrent connections or 500 max.

I will do a good capture and send file if someone is interested.

If you are having issues with Slow Loading, please follow these simple directions:
It's *really* slow. Even on a brand new Windows install with a virgin browser and a huge internet connection. Your servers don't appear to be the problem. It's the external stuff that's included on every page load, including stuff from livejasmin.com in an iframe that came from GoogleAds. flots.

Issue is on SB side it seems as server acknowledges receipt of the GET request then there is 10+ second delay before next packet is received from the server. I've seen over a minute delays on responses.

If I were venture to guess you are having an issue of starving resources on Apache. Generally apache only handles 250 concurrent connections or 500 max.

I will do a good capture and send file if someone is interested.

For the past couple of days, I've had a similar experience to Tigerman.
Scubaboard.com is loading very slowly at home and work.
Other sites load quickly at home and work.
This behavior is consistent across several different browsers on the Mac OS (Firefox, Safari, Opera).

[Edited shortly after original posting: Strangely the website appears to be working normally now. Whatever changes were made seem to be working...for now.]

As you can see in the linked packet capture there is almost 23 second delay on the server side. Server acknowledges request then holds for almost 23 seconds before it sends response. (see delay between packet 5 and 6)

You can find the file here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25086992/scubaboard.pcap

If you are having issues with Slow Loading, please follow these simple directions:

Toss your Cookies!
(clear your history)

Now Peter.............. :no: ......................, some of us have already posted that we have done that. Denial is not just a river in Egypt. With the response that we are seeing from around the globe, there is obviously a problem. Acknowledgement is the first step :wink:

Sometimes it takes a different perspective from a different angle to see something that you cannot. I once swore up and down we were out of ketchup when I tore the fridge apart. My better half opened the door and pulled out a bottle of ketchup within 3 seconds after I spent 5 minutes in there. She had a "better" view than I did. Maybe that is the case with yourself and Howard. Just sayin in a constructive way. :D

Please try some "additional" resources when the DEMA trip is over.

Sorry Pete, I have "TOSSED my Cookies" on my computers at work, the pc at home and its a no go.. I have very slow response on my PC's no matter what browser I use and also on my IPad and on my phone so if its my stuff it is all of my stuff with four different internet providers.

I'm having the same problem with super slow responses the past 48 hours. And before I get told to toss my cookies and such, this is happening both on my laptop and my desktop. The desktop is 4 days old. It's only (so far) been connected here, my bank, MartialTalk and Dilbert.com. And there's only a problem here. When SB is slow, it's slow on either machine (when I am home, they're 8" apart, so it's easy to test...). When it's fast, it's fast on either machine.

These are both Windows 7 machines with IE9, running on an 8meg DSL connection.

Back
Top Bottom