Slow loading and............

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One minute plus page loads on SB this morning are now down to a blazing 20-30 seconds. Cookies cleared, browsers stripped bare (IE9, Firefox, Chrome) run on Vista. 8 meg broadband. I tried a half dozen times today just to get to this thread to post this. I am no computer junkie, but please do not continue to point fingers at us users. Today's posts on this thread should make the point clear that there's a problem somewhere upstream of us. I know you are making an effort, and I certainly can't offer any expertise ... it's just VERY frustrating.

I just changed something. See if that makes a difference.

Safari on an iPhone seems better thanks

I just changed something. See if that makes a difference.

You're a miracle worker! Within the last 30 minutes I went from slow/no loading to FAST loading! Thanks so much!

islanddream

I am running fine at the moment.... Glad to see the speed back up to par or better! Firefox 7.0.1

lee

The board seems faster today than it has since I joined up, but it is still definately among the slower sites I frequent.
I've attached (hopefully) a CSV file from a HTTP trace that shows the various waits in the page load process. Hope this helps.

Was access from Firefox on a 20meg internet connection. I've also experience slow site speeds across various PC's at various sites and ISP's.

View attachment Scubaboard.csv.txt

Im back to normal load times now it seems.

Whatever you did, it worked. Normal load times now ... thanks!

Now tell us what was the magic change, please.

I went to settings and disabled skimlinks cause that was the last thing I noticed that changed on my post and thought wow it worked, guess not Howard gets the credit again.

Thanks Howy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom