Slow loading and............

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're making some tweaks to the database currently. This will be to boot performance in the end. During the interim, there may be occasional slow downs, and/or failures, as we locate the things that work or not.

We're making some tweaks to the database currently. This will be to boot performance in the end. During the interim, there may be occasional slow downs, and/or failures, as we locate the things that work or not.

Same problems

Same answer...

There is no need for additional people to report a problem that we've acknowledged as "something we're working on"

Sorry, Haven't been on for a few days. It does it with IE7 and Mozilla. Still getting a java script message that says if continue to reun script, IE will become unstable.

What script? Can you post a screen shot?

What script? Can you post a screen shot?

Let's try this............ screen.JPG

This doesn't really say what it is. No idea.

Load times for me over the last couple of weeks have been at least twice the times before the "upgrade" ... sometimes much longer. A "fast" load now, for me, is 6-8 seconds, running up to maybe 20 seconds or more. This is on 8 meg broadband, regardless of browser ... IE9, Firefox, or Chrome, all updated and on a pretty fast system that is tuned up daily. I still visit the site very often, but never do the browsing through pages that I used to do.

I havent had any issues lately.

EXCEPT - Internet Explorer. But with IE I have issues with anything and on any computer. IE has gotten seriously crappy lately :(

Load times for me over the last couple of weeks have been at least twice the times before the "upgrade" ... sometimes much longer. A "fast" load now, for me, is 6-8 seconds, running up to maybe 20 seconds or more. This is on 8 meg broadband, regardless of browser ... IE9, Firefox, or Chrome, all updated and on a pretty fast system that is tuned up daily. I still visit the site very often, but never do the browsing through pages that I used to do.

Really? Not sure what the problem for you is. According to alexa our site has picked up more than a whole second on average page loads in the last month alone. This improvement is the first time our site has been moved up in load times according to them, now we have an average of 2.282 seconds. Additionally, our average search now takes less than 1 second, whereas prior to two weeks ago, the average search was over 2 seconds.

We are still only running on two of three web servers at the moment... Once the third apache server is back online, there should be even faster page loads.

Back
Top Bottom