Singles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basically every guy that has emailed me uses a variation of the same line...they are not certified but "have always been curious" or "have been meaning to get certified" etc.

I'd say most guys are full of it only because I looked at your picture and I'd make stuff up too in order to get you out on a date. :wink:

Walter's right though, it really is case by case, sometimes people really would become true divers if they just got a push. I had always "wanted" to try white-water rafting, then just happened to have a co-worker that was a guide and joined him and his wife on a couple of little day trips. Next thing you know I'm taking 5 day rafting trips through remote areas and those are the best camping/rafting trips I've ever been on. I try to go back to Montana every summer to raft (not so much white water here in fl, of course).

Actually, was surprised to see several women here say they were single divers, seems like there are more male divers than female and figured someone would scoop you ladies up quickly. If any of you are ever near Sarasota, let me know.

And remember, if your own life is whole, you don't have to be with a diver.

I am divorced from three certified divers. I am now in a long-term registered domestic partnership with a non-diver. My diving is more enjoyable now because I'm free to dive when and where I want to, and I've met wonderful friends and dive buddies here at ScubaBoard and also in the clubs I belong to.

If you are in a solid, loving relationship, you don't have to share all of the same interests. By the way, my non-diving guy went on a weeklong dive club trip with me and he had a blast sailing and skiing while I went diving, so it's not like you have to go on vacations alone. But I do choose to go on some trips without him and I have a blast.

Bottom line, focus on the relationship, not on what your hobbies are. It is healthy for a couple to have some separate interests!

True Walter, I think I would enjoy a diving relationship otherwise he would never see me :wink: And it is such a joy to share "the underworld" lol with people you care about.
Maybe someday :) .....

Ah, but Debby If I were with a non-diver, I'd never see her.

oh you would see her. She'd stalk you in order to complain about all the money you "wasted" on diving the previous month,
or about the fish smell in the cooler,
or that there is no room in the garage with all that diving "stuff" you have there,
or a bunch other complains non-diving people comes up with.

Then the "deals" come into play...
if you get that "junk" for diving then I "need" to get this or that.
if you are going to be out saturday with "those" divers then Sunday we have a "brunch party" with the Smith's or whatever last name those loosers friends of hers have.

I could go on... but I'm sure you recognize the picture. I've seen many guys in boats married or somehow attached to that style of non-diver. I haven't seen the flip side of it, then again I haven't been in boats with many women on their own.

for me a non-diver partner would've never worked.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom