Jupiter Dive Center is moving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I foresee friction over parking. JDC customer's can easily fill the parking lot.
Until the boats move it says parking is in the grass, not the parking lot. But even then, two full boats easily is more cars than will fit in the grass lot.

So I tend to agree with you.

Mainly, I'm just sad. I've been using JDC since 2007, mostly from 2011 on, 257 dives. Third most in the area after 451 dives with the old Underwater Explorers and 322 dives with Starfish Scuba, both out of Boynton.

I'm hoping that the shop move and the eventual boat move will allow me to continue to dive with JDC, I have many friends there. I will certainly give them a try.

Update I just received via email. Sharing for those who may not be receiving the emails from JDC.

News on the Store Move!

Well, This Was Unexpected…But It’s Business as Usual for Charters!

Moving is always a challenge and things are bound to crop up along the way. The info that went out on Monday has already changed. Here’s what you need to know!

Going Diving?
Our dive boats are located where they’ve always been—at the docks at 1001 N. Alternate A1A in Jupiter. There is plenty of parking on the grassy area just north of the building and our crew will be outside waiting to welcome you when you arrive.

Check-in time is at 8:00 a.m. for the morning charter and 12:30 p.m. for afternoon charters. You’ll sign your waivers, show your certification cards, and board the boats as you’ve always done. Our crew members will distribute any rental gear and tanks that have been reserved.

But you’re going to notice something different about our store. It’s closed.

The Best Laid Plans…
The building JDC occupies has changed hands, and the electric and power were turned off early making it necessary to close our legacy location. Jupiter Dive Center’s new store is at 201 N. US Highway 1, in the Shops of Jupiter (next to Bealls/Staples) and we’re anticipating opening the doors on June 7th, if not sooner.

But don’t worry! Until then, many of our same great services are available by appointment! Just give us a call at 561-745-7807 any day between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and you can schedule an appointment to drop off equipment for service, arrange to buy gear, book a dive, sign up for classes, or reserve a spot on one of our trips! We’ve already started creating the ideal space (which is why we can’t take walk-in customers until we’re officially open).

IMPORTANT!!
Until the new shop is open, we are unable to fill tanks dockside, making it important to remember to reserve any tanks you may need before arriving for your scheduled charter, nor will there be access to restroom facilities on land, but each boat has a marine head.

There are a lot of moving parts to our relocation and we’ll be updating the FAQ Page on our website with all the latest information.

Jupiter Dive Center is what it is today because of divers like you. We value the loyalty you’ve shown us over the past twenty years and appreciate your patience as we spruce up our new store location. Jupiter Dive Center is committed to providing safe and enjoyable diving experiences and we can’t wait to be back to business as usual—only better!

Thank you for your support.

Gerry and Lisa Carroll
Jupiter Dive Center

Update I just received via email. Sharing for those who may not be receiving the emails from JDC.

News on the Store Move!

Well, This Was Unexpected…But It’s Business as Usual for Charters!

Moving is always a challenge and things are bound to crop up along the way. The info that went out on Monday has already changed. Here’s what you need to know!

Going Diving?
Our dive boats are located where they’ve always been—at the docks at 1001 N. Alternate A1A in Jupiter. There is plenty of parking on the grassy area just north of the building and our crew will be outside waiting to welcome you when you arrive.

Check-in time is at 8:00 a.m. for the morning charter and 12:30 p.m. for afternoon charters. You’ll sign your waivers, show your certification cards, and board the boats as you’ve always done. Our crew members will distribute any rental gear and tanks that have been reserved.

But you’re going to notice something different about our store. It’s closed.

The Best Laid Plans…
The building JDC occupies has changed hands, and the electric and power were turned off early making it necessary to close our legacy location. Jupiter Dive Center’s new store is at 201 N. US Highway 1, in the Shops of Jupiter (next to Bealls/Staples) and we’re anticipating opening the doors on June 7th, if not sooner.

But don’t worry! Until then, many of our same great services are available by appointment! Just give us a call at 561-745-7807 any day between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and you can schedule an appointment to drop off equipment for service, arrange to buy gear, book a dive, sign up for classes, or reserve a spot on one of our trips! We’ve already started creating the ideal space (which is why we can’t take walk-in customers until we’re officially open).

IMPORTANT!!
Until the new shop is open, we are unable to fill tanks dockside, making it important to remember to reserve any tanks you may need before arriving for your scheduled charter, nor will there be access to restroom facilities on land, but each boat has a marine head.

There are a lot of moving parts to our relocation and we’ll be updating the FAQ Page on our website with all the latest information.

Jupiter Dive Center is what it is today because of divers like you. We value the loyalty you’ve shown us over the past twenty years and appreciate your patience as we spruce up our new store location. Jupiter Dive Center is committed to providing safe and enjoyable diving experiences and we can’t wait to be back to business as usual—only better!

Thank you for your support.

Gerry and Lisa Carroll
Jupiter Dive Center

Maybe I’m late to the game since I can’t dive currently, but I just got an email from Jupiter Dive Center announcing they are moving. I had no clue!!

This is the email I received:

We’re moving—and it’s an on-going process!

As you may know, our building has changed hands, and the time has nearly come for us to relocate. Jupiter Dive Center will close our current location on June 10, 2024, but we’re already hard at work on our new store! With luck, we’ll be turning on the light and opening the doors on June 13.

So what’s all this really mean?

We’re taking steps to make this as easy on our divers as we can. The store is open, the boats are at the dock, our crew is ready to help. You can still book charters, classes, trips, drop off equipment for service, or fill tanks at our current location. What you’ll notice, though, is some empty walls, and more open floor space as we have started moving our extra inventory to our new store. If you’re looking for something special and don’t see it at our current location, don’t worry! We’re happy to raid our boxes at the new place or make arrangements to meet you at the new store. Speaking of which…

Our new store!

Jupiter Dive Center’s new store will be at 201 N. US Highway 1, in the Shops of Jupiter (next to Bealls/Staples). We’ve already started creating the ideal space (which is why we can’t take walk-in customers until we’re officially open). Our biggest task is modifying the store’s footprint to accommodate a new tech room and tank-filling station. And of course, if you’ve ever remodeled a kitchen, you know you can’t put away the dishes before the cabinets are up.

Don’t Miss the Boat!

Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial start of summer, was full of great diving—and we were happy to see those of you who were able to dive with us.
Our boat check-in time is still at 8:00 a.m. for the morning charter and 12:30 p.m. for afternoon charters. A quick reminder; all of our dives require nitrox, and each diver must have the proper certifications for their dives and carry their own surface marker buoy.
There are a lot of moving parts to our relocation and we will be updating the FAQ Page on our website with all the latest information.

Jupiter Dive Center is what it is today because of divers like you. We value the loyalty you’ve shown us over the past twenty years and appreciate your patience as we start to pack up one store and settle into our new locations. Jupiter Dive Center is committed to providing safe and enjoyable diving experiences and we can’t wait to be back to business as usual—only better!

Thanks for posting this, (and the followups). I'm diving with them for the first time in August, and had no idea they were moving. Swapped emails today with them, now on their mailing list, and aware of their FAQ.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom