Singles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gatorchick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know this message board is not match.com (thank you for that)....but are there any recommendations for meeting singles who are into diving? I do go on dive trips a few times per year where of course that is a possibility for other singles although usually there are not too many.

I know this board focuses more on the dive experience itself but as a single gal who loves diving I certainly wouldn't mind meeting a fellow single diver....(preferably guy, although I am open to having new girl friends...I'm straight BTW). I like to go on weekend dive trips in Fla (mainly south fla like jupiter, wpb, keys) but also like to do at least one trip per year in the Caribbean.

Thanks for your input.

Joanne

You'll meet lots of divers if you get active in this forum. There are lots of folks diving in SE Florida every weekend and even quite a few during the week (weather permitting). Lots of these divers a single. You may or may not get a date, but you'll certainly make lots of friends.

Too funny...I'll have to try to fix that once I figure out how.
I swear I'm not gender-confused.

Joanne

Thanks, guess I will keep trying just going on different trips. I've given up on my friends who are certified and like to talk about going diving (yet have been in a few years)....
Unfortunately, I have to work during the week (haven't yet inherited the millions from a long lost relative) so only have time on the weekends.

Thanks for the input everyone.
Joanne

I'll be real honest here...I've been in the same dive club for 25 years and I know of only one couple who met in the dive club who got together for more than a few dates. They are dating for seven years now, don't live together, and they are not even considering marriage.

On the other hand, there are many people in the same dive club who are happily married to other divers that they met through Match.com. Computer dating isn't just for weirdos anymore. These married couples are professionals who weren't meeting the right people in more traditional manners. We have another wedding coming up this June, two great people.

It's like fishing, you just keep casting your net wider until you get a good catch!

p.s. I am not making the assumption that you are looking for a spouse, I'm only talking about the experience in my dive club.

Walter:
You'll meet lots of divers if you get active in this forum. There are lots of folks diving in SE Florida every weekend and even quite a few during the week (weather permitting). Lots of these divers a single. You may or may not get a date, but you'll certainly make lots of friends.
Echo of this - you'll meet some of us old married guys to... but we have single friends and talk! :D

gatorchick:
Too funny...I'll have to try to fix that once I figure out how.
I swear I'm not gender-confused.

Joanne

heh... just go to user cp up at the blue bar near the top.... and from there there's some options look for edit profile or something like that... gl :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom