Singles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepstops:
All you're going to end up with is cbulla, h2Andy, and myself dressed in drag looking for free night dives. This will not end up where you want it to :shakehead

:rofl3: I love it. Somehow I believe this statement to be very true :11doh: :10:

(luv u col and andy)

Internet dating isn't a scary as it sounds, provided you are selective and careful. A lot of the sites will match you by interests. There seem to be quite a few divers from S. Fl. on Yahoo Personals.

I'm a member of Divebuddy.com, a newer Myspace-like site, it may have some potential for you.

Or just show up randomly to one of the larger boats and get buddied up, you'll meet some new ppl.

I'm no longer "single" but always up for meeting new dive buds and friends. :)

deepstops:
All you're going to end up with is cbulla, h2Andy, and myself dressed in drag looking for free night dives. This will not end up where you want it to :shakehead

hey, i would't stoop that low for beer

hmmmmm.... beer....

where's my wig?

I am the say way and often go diving on my own. But I also organize a lot of dive trips for my friends - many of whom are single too.

So I agree - would be fun to put together a trip like that on Scubaboard.

M

I am single as well and I also would enjoy meeting single divers in my area :wink:

So the subject of internet dating has come up a bit...and I'm currently trying it out. Here is the problem, I say in my profile that if someone is a scuba diver that is a "BIG plus" and if they are not that have to be willing to learn. Basically every guy that has emailed me uses a variation of the same line...they are not certified but "have always been curious" or "have been meaning to get certified" etc. So guys, what say you? Obviously not every guy really wants to learn...so do you think that the majority of them are BSing or telling the truth that they are interested in diving?

Take it on a case by case basis, you'll get some of each. You might ask them when their class starts. Keep in mind, someone who learns to dive just because you dive and not because they want to dive is not likely to ever become an avid diver.

Walter, very good point. That is another reason I would prefer someone that already likes to dive as opposed to someone who dives just because I do. Chances are, that person won't be all that excited about diving in the mudhole quarry with 5 ft visibility with me all summer long. But in this area (DC), finding a guy 25-35 years old, with his life together, who likes animals and dives...is looking more and more like a pipe dream. :(

Someone who already dives is best, but don't rule out that guy who's always wanted to dive, but just never took the plunge. You might be his motivation to go ahead and start something he's always wanted to do. I was a diver in waiting from about age 3. At 27, I finally got around to taking a class, you may find someone in a similar situation who becomes a die hard diver.

I recently met a lady who has always wanted to dive and planned to take a class with a friend, but that never worked out, then with her sister, but that didn't work either, then planned to take a class with her son, but he also backed out. We met, she signed up for class and our first date was shopping for dive gear. It's still early in the relationship, but she's certified and excited about diving and about becoming a better diver. Other areas of the relationship are also going very well. If I'd insisted on someone who already dives, I could have missed out on a truly wonderful lady.

Kinda off topic, but I guess back to the original topic.....I was in the dive shop last weekend and saw a flier about a happy hour going on Saturday afternoon, January 19th at 5 on Riveria Beach (West Palm Beach) put on by single divers.
Happy Hour in West Palm Beach - SingleDivers.com Surface Interval INDEX

As for the recent subjects, good luck with internet dating. I have never had much luck with it myself, but like Walter said, don't be too quick to discount what others have always wanted to do but haven't. My roommate wanted to dive all his life but never was motivated by someone to actually take that step. I can actually say I never had the urge to learn SCUBA aside from thinking "Hey, that would be neat, but whatever, " but then I went snorkeling on a cruise and started lessons within a month of that. Since then I haven't wanted to stop diving. Ok, I'll stop for the surface interval....sheesh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom