Si Tech Neck Tite - Neck Seal Quick Exchange

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have just had this system fitted to my BARE suit and I have found it the most uncomfortable thing I have ever worn. The ring pushes into the back of my neck so hard that I cannot wear the suit. There is no way it can be moved bacl or forwards so it is not in the wrong place.
I was waiting for a longtime but now am really dissapointed.

I have just had this system fitted to my BARE suit and I have found it the most uncomfortable thing I have ever worn. The ring pushes into the back of my neck so hard that I cannot wear the suit. There is no way it can be moved bacl or forwards so it is not in the wrong place.

Wow, that's unfortunate. I just got mine back today and am dying to get in the pool and try it out before my big trip tomorrow. My suit is also a Bare, HD Tech Dry, which is the trilam suit.

CPH - Which Bare suit do you have?

Maybe someone sold you the old one? Just asking.

Maybe someone sold you the old one? Just asking.

Sorry to hear it and I hope that's the case... I've got around 20 dives on mine installed in USIA suit, no problems.

The ring is somewhat rigid and they say you can heat it to curve better over the shoulders. I chose not to, and it has naturally curved over time. I also store it hanging on a 1 inch hanger which has helped it shape under the weight of the suit.

I've got zero regrets and look forward to trying out the silicone seals.

I had mine in the pool tonight for the first time since having the Neck Tite and silicone seals installed all around. I love it! It made getting in and out of the suit so freaking simple!!! The silicone seals are so flexible that I didn't even worry about over stretching them like I would've with the old latex seals.

The silicone seals solved the wrist tendon seepage issue that I had, as well as the neck tendon seepage issue that would leak when I turned my head to the right. The neck ring system fits amazingly well in the suit, you can barely tell it's there. I'm stoked! This was a great decision!

The guys at DRIS did a phenomenal job installing this for me!!! Way to go guys!!! Thanks again!

I had mine in the pool tonight for the first time since having the Neck Tite and silicone seals installed all around. I love it! It made getting in and out of the suit so freaking simple!!! The silicone seals are so flexible that I didn't even worry about over stretching them like I would've with the old latex seals.

The silicone seals solved the wrist tendon seepage issue that I had, as well as the neck tendon seepage issue that would leak when I turned my head to the right. The neck ring system fits amazingly well in the suit, you can barely tell it's there. I'm stoked! This was a great decision!

The guys at DRIS did a phenomenal job installing this for me!!! Way to go guys!!! Thanks again!

Hi N2....

What suit did they fit it to??

I'm not going to rush to change the neck latex seal on my fusion as it fits fine at the moment but I hate the latex wrist seals and that stupid over cuff thingy as I have big hands and wrists so its a bitch to get on.....

This is my suit. It is the new system. I was waiting for it to come out before I had it fitted and also tried to bend it to suit my shoulders.
Marktplaats.nl > Bare D6 Droogpak met nw Waterproof/Si-Tech neckseal system - Watersport en Boten - Duiken en Zwemsport

Sorry to hear it CPH, real bummer.

It looks a low on the suit in the picture based on the distance from the inflator, but it's hard to tell. My neck ring is 2.25 inches (5.715 centimeters) from the inflator measured from the inside. This also assumes most suits have the inflator in the same place, which I can't confirm, but think most are close.

I hope you are able to make some arrangement to fix it, but a pain in the neck won't due. Thanks for sharing, let us know if you are able to resolve this and good luck.

Hi N2....

What suit did they fit it to??

I'm not going to rush to change the neck latex seal on my fusion as it fits fine at the moment but I hate the latex wrist seals and that stupid over cuff thingy as I have big hands and wrists so its a bitch to get on.....

Bare hd tech dry, trilam suit.

deleted

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom