Si Tech Neck Tite - Neck Seal Quick Exchange

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone comment on using this system with doubles? I do quite a few shore dives, I'm wondering about comfort with a heavy load on the shoulders.

Can anyone comment on using this system with doubles? I do quite a few shore dives, I'm wondering about comfort with a heavy load on the shoulders.

I installed the ring and a silicon seal on one of my suits this week and will test it in water on saturday with D12s if weather permits. I can only give first impressions, but I don't think doubles w/ a back plate will be a problem for most people, the ring isn't simply that wide - the shoulder straps won't overlap the ring unless you have really narrow shoulders or have a non-standard harness.

The silicon neck seal felt so nice and durable, that I don't really see a way back... I have a fairly big neck, and have to always cut/stretch the neck seal, which usually leads to it getting too loose over time. :/ None of that with silicon.

//LN

What's the latest with these seals? Are you using it? Is it comfortable?

Thread,
I recieved my Si Tech Neck Tite kit last night.
I used Dry Adhesive Tape that I got from Dive Right Scuba.
It was much easyer the using glue. I almost got out my video camera to record how install using the Dry Adhesive Tape.
Maybe Dive Right Scuba will.
Michael

I had DRIS install the Si-Tech system with a silicone seal. I have leaking problems, 'cause I'm a skinny ****. (White's Fusion)

The system is simple. The wrist rings are hard rings. The neck seal is flexible but don't bend it. The ring is not under the straps of the BC.

When you take the neck seal off, you should give a quick tug up before releasing it so it lays down your back flat. Otherwise, it wants to lay against your head.

The silicone neck seal is about 12 - 12.25" in circumference. It is cone shaped, but much more elastic than the latex so one would not need to trim much if anything off of it. It's stretchiness without force makes it very comfortable.

Very timely reply. I need to give them a call to see how much the total kit for installing one of these in a DUI will cost.

Also, when you dive it, can you let us know how you like it? Replacing seals rapidly isn't what I want from the system, but a watertight seal without choking me is.

I'm also trying to justify the cost. I can replace a neck seal for 35 bucks (DIY) so my goal with the silicone seal is comfort.

Thread,
I recieved my Si Tech Neck Tite kit last night.
I used Dry Adhesive Tape that I got from Dive Right Scuba.
It was much easyer the using glue. I almost got out my video camera to record how install using the Dry Adhesive Tape.
Maybe Dive Right Scuba will.
Michael

I take it that you really like the silicone seal?

I had DRIS install the Si-Tech system with a silicone seal. I have leaking problems, 'cause I'm a skinny ****. (White's Fusion)

The system is simple. The wrist rings are hard rings. The neck seal is flexible but don't bend it. The ring is not under the straps of the BC.

When you take the neck seal off, you should give a quick tug up before releasing it so it lays down your back flat. Otherwise, it wants to lay against your head.

The silicone neck seal is about 12 - 12.25" in circumference. It is cone shaped, but much more elastic than the latex so one would not need to trim much if anything off of it. It's stretchiness without force makes it very comfortable.

I take it that you really like the silicone seal?

The seals are certainly more comfortable and don't come with the hangman's mark that latex does. I'm sure you will find it way more comfortable.

Unfortunately, my neck is 12.5" in circumference . . . . :( Only the top 1/8th contacts my neck, which makes it leak on me. :crying:

(NOTE - NOT the seal's or the system's fault. Anyone know who makes a child-size silicone seal set? :( )

I just got my Fusion back from DRIS with the new seals. Tried it on last night and noticed immediately that it was more comfortable than the latex seal. I think because there is more material, and it moves with you. The neck ring was not problem, although my big melon head just does fit! Wrist rings are a bit clunky and will take some getting used to, but the seals are great. What I really noticed is that there is a lot more contact area than what I had with my latex seals, without them being tighter. I am hoping that gets rid of the hangman's neck I got from the latex seals.

I'll be diving it Saturday and will post a review once I see how it does in the water.

Reactions: Jax
You ARE such a pipsqueak! :)

The seals are certainly more comfortable and don't come with the hangman's mark that latex does. I'm sure you will find it way more comfortable.

Unfortunately, my neck is 12.5" in circumference . . . . :( Only the top 1/8th contacts my neck, which makes it leak on me. :crying:

(NOTE - NOT the seal's or the system's fault. Anyone know who makes a child-size silicone seal set? :( )

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom