Si Tech Neck Tite - Neck Seal Quick Exchange

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Read his post at the beginning of the page...

It looks like the new ring, BUT, they did use a lot of aquaseal, that could also add to the non flexibility. I mean, there is A LOT of aquaseal on there!!!

Here is one of my installs:
Si Tech Neck Tite Drysuit Neck Seal System - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

No aquaseal needed...Some suits do need a little Aquaseal, but never nearly as much as they used. It's coated over the entire ring system...THICK!

Is there a positive way to tell the difference between and old and new ring systems? The latest review (12/31/10) from your link above says

"neck seal retainer for any drysuit and any seal from si tech ab part number #60177. the kit in the video is the older #61655. the new ring is much more flexible. conforms easily to the neck and shoulders under my fusion neck dam and hood."

Is that true?

Is there a positive way to tell the difference between and old and new ring systems? The latest review (12/31/10) from your link above says

"neck seal retainer for any drysuit and any seal from si tech ab part number #60177. the kit in the video is the older #61655. the new ring is much more flexible. conforms easily to the neck and shoulders under my fusion neck dam and hood."

Is that true?

Yes, I think it is extremely flexible and don't notice it at all..which is what most people say. Although, there is a small percent that call and say they notice it, but that may just be a small break in period as I never hear complaints or a return call.

The old system was wider, not nearly as narrow. That is the biggest giveaway. We only have the newest ones available. That video was done a couple years ago...2009 I think. We are a pretty big Si-tech dealer, and always have the freshest stuff :wink: They take good care of us.

Yes, I think it is extremely flexible and don't notice it at all..which is what most people say. Although, there is a small percent that call and say they notice it, but that may just be a small break in period as I never hear complaints or a return call.

The old system was wider, not nearly as narrow. That is the biggest giveaway. We only have the newest ones available. That video was done a couple years ago...2009 I think. We are a pretty big Si-tech dealer, and always have the freshest stuff :wink: They take good care of us.

Time for a new video showing the new narrower ring and showing the flexibility?? :D

My neck ring measures 1 3/8" across and has an outer diameter of 11". Does that sound like the newer system? The ring is very stiff, which makes me wonder if it's the newer system. Thanks.

WHat are the dimensions of the new ring system.
I am meeting with the taylor in the morning to see what can be done about it.
The ring it touching the infoator and the zip so not much room for moving it.

i have the newer ring on my fusion, its quite a bit smaller. that's good and all, but it makes the install a little more difficult (less room for error.) i will also say, when installing on a fusion, make sure to do a dry fit AND CHECK THE POSITION OF THE INFLATOR FROM THE INSIDE. there is about a .25" overlap between the outer rim of the necktite, and the teflon washer of the inflator valve in my suit. its not leaking, but its not ideal either ~_~

i have the newer ring on my fusion, its quite a bit smaller. that's good and all, but it makes the install a little more difficult (less room for error.) i will also say, when installing on a fusion, make sure to do a dry fit AND CHECK THE POSITION OF THE INFLATOR FROM THE INSIDE. there is about a .25" overlap between the outer rim of the necktite, and the teflon washer of the inflator valve in my suit. its not leaking, but its not ideal either ~_~

:worthless:

Always wanted to use that!!

Seriously, any chance of posting a pic?? Do you think you could have placed it higher??

Just got back from the tailor and it seems that as my suit was, how can I say, on the tight side, there is nothing that can be done.
Just be carefull people. If you have a suit with no space in the length, it will cause you problems with this system.
Right. Seaskin Nova made to measure suit needs to be ordered.

Not true...maybe on your suit, but definitely NOT a common problem installing on Fusion suits. Look at the pic in the link of the system installed on a fusion. I have installed this system on probably 35 Fusions, and none had the overlap issue...Although, that doesn't mean your inflator wasn't installed a little off or miscut on the placement. Not that it would affect anything, as you said your still dry, but it is not a common Fusion problem.

ANYONE doing these installs should automatically be doing a dry run anyway for fit. If your not, you should not be attempting these installs as you can ruin your suit or end up paying more money to get it fixed. Although these can be DIY jobs, that doesn't mean it is easy. Not trying to scare anyone, but PLEASE install with caution and take your time. The reason we recommend using the Dry Adhesive is because you can dry run it and make sure your install is perfect, before any adhesion takes place...which I have told everyone who has bought the products. I believe even you Rakpix :wink: (good reminder for others on a dry run)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom