Si Tech Neck Tite - Neck Seal Quick Exchange

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My experience was similar to yours. I had the Neck Tite system installed in late 2010 and removed a month later because it was unacceptably stiff in my Fusion suit. I contacted Si Tech and they sent me a copy of the installation instructions for the neck seal which state "If preferred, the neck ring can be curved from its original flat shape..." with instructions on how to do that. Unfortunately the shop that installed my seal was unaware of those instructions so I never had that option.

It's difficult to tell, but it appears there have been two or more revisions to the Neck Tite, beginning in 2010, so it's possible that you and I could both have the older, less flexible systems. I attached the instructions I got from Si Tech. Hope this helps.

---------- Post Merged at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Do these pictures of the neck ring from the Si Tech website match either of the versions that you have? See Figures 1.3 & 1.4: http://www.sitech.se/files/documents/products/60000/neck%20tite%20manual.pdf

Yes, I think I have the one in the first pictures. Shouldn't we be paid to beta-test?

Between my current drysuit and my previous one that also had the older ring, I have maybe 100 dives. If it weren't such an ordeal to remove the existing one and reinstall the patent pending one, I'd do it tomorrow.

On the whole, its still a great system. We have converted all of our personal and rental dry suits to necktites and permanent cuff rings that can also accept the QCP locking dry glove system.

Yes, I think I have the one in the first pictures. Shouldn't we be paid to beta-test?

That would be nice... :wink:

It's evolution...things always get better in time. You just have to decide when you will buy and deal with what you have until the next thing comes out.

To be honest, there is NOT a HUGE difference between the 2. I would say it is about 20% more flexible, but that is only in half. I don't think it will be any better at getting your valves. Until the whole thing can be alot softer, I think valves could still be an issue.

That would be nice... :wink:

It's evolution...things always get better in time. You just have to decide when you will buy and deal with what you have until the next thing comes out.

To be honest, there is NOT a HUGE difference between the 2. I would say it is about 20% more flexible, but that is only in half. I don't think it will be any better at getting your valves. Until the whole thing can be alot softer, I think valves could still be an issue.

O.K compare it to a Zip Ring, in terms of suppleness.

O.K compare it to a Zip Ring, in terms of suppleness.

LOL...they work different, so a zip seal is more flexible all around. I wouldn't call the new ring supple....honestly, it isn't as big of a deal in terms of "that much better". Is it better, YES, but it isn't game changing by any means. Zip seal works on a differnent concept and is much more flexible....and MUCH more expensive every replacement.

I'm 6'3....the ring doesn't bother me at all. I can see how it would get in the way for someone smaller. Honestly, the new "softer" ring will give you the same problems. If it was that much better, you would have seen me advertising the crap out of it so everyone knew there was a better option out :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom