Si Tech Neck Tite - Neck Seal Quick Exchange

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Getting ready to place an order with Mike for a new Hollis FX100, boots, bat fins, neck seal system, glove system, wrist warmer and glove liner system. The wrist and glove liner are the 4th element stuff. Looking forward to doing business with DRIS again. Although I haven't placed my order yet I may bust on Mike a little bit and ask Hollis when my stuff will be here. Just throwing you under the bus Mike. Don't worry I will get the thing taken care of. Looking forward to diving the new Hollis suit in the Straits of Mackinac this July.

OK, I got a chance to dive the fusion today with the new silicone seals, and I am very happy. They are so much more comfortable than the latex, and I found my hangman's neck may have been from my undergarment. The neck ring takes a bit of getting used to, especially when you take it off and sit around. The wrist rings are probably not for hunters, but were comfortable and never got in the way. All in all I'm glad I made the switch.

I had Mike install the neck seal system on my DUI TLS350 back in April 2011.
The ring is just large enough to fit over my big head. Once on, I don't even notice the ring at all.
So far no leaks and no noticable change in how the neck seal feels around the neck. ( 15 dives with the system so far )
I am diving the latex seal because I purchased 4 extra seals a year ago from Mike.
Side note: Mike offered to take back the latex rings in exchange for the silicone. ( Great customer service )
Jim breslin

T
Unfortunately, my neck is 12.5" in circumference . . . . :( Only the top 1/8th contacts my neck, which makes it leak on me. :crying:

(NOTE - NOT the seal's or the system's fault. Anyone know who makes a child-size silicone seal set? :( )

My neck is 13". I tested in a swimming pool on Fri. and the neck was "blowing bubbles". I read somewhere on the board about someone being able to get by with using a Bio-Seal so, having booked a spot on a boat on Sat., I grabbed my Bio-seal and hoped for the best. I basically jumped in, felt bubbles, felt water and climbed out. Fortunately it was a local trip but I'm at my wit's end! Latex gives me serious Hangman's neck and I spent hours installing the neck-tite system.

Well, my neck is 11 3/4 and I was able to use the silicone seal with a Bioseal. I was just extremely meticulous about putting the BioSeal on completely flat, and making sure the silicone seal was pulled as far down on my neck as I could make it stay. It was not an idea solution, so I have gone back to latex -- but I LOVE the neck ring system. I have tried several seals to find one that worked, and swapping them is really a non-issue. I feel great about taking my dry suit on my upcoming Red Sea trip, now that I know I can change a damaged seal so easily!

Oh, and I dove doubles today. No problem.

Some additional data on the Sitech necktite ring system.

Apparently there are at least two versions of the necktite ring being manufactured under part number 60176. There is a significant difference between these two versions.

The differences are in the cross-sectional profile and the resulting stiffness/flexibility. Aside of looking at the cross-section, the more flexible version has additional lettering "patent pending SE08018467". This version is the more flexible version and only has two bevels instead of three between the top inner ring and the outer edge of the flange. Other than that, the dimensions appear to be identical. It also appears to have less wrinkling around the perimeter of the flange. It is obvious that these two versions were cast from different molds. It is unknown if one is a earlier version of the other.

If given a choice, the one with the "patent pending" on it would seem to be the better of the two due to the greater flexibility resulting comfort and less edge deformation which could lead to installation issues.

Some additional data on the Sitech necktite ring system.

Apparently there are at least two versions of the necktite ring being manufactured under part number 60176. There is a significant difference between these two versions.

The differences are in the cross-sectional profile and the resulting stiffness/flexibility. Aside of looking at the cross-section, the more flexible version has additional lettering "patent pending SE08018467". This version is the more flexible version and only has two bevels instead of three between the top inner ring and the outer edge of the flange. Other than that, the dimensions appear to be identical. It also appears to have less wrinkling around the perimeter of the flange. It is obvious that these two versions were cast from different molds. It is unknown if one is a earlier version of the other.

If given a choice, the one with the "patent pending" on it would seem to be the better of the two due to the greater flexibility resulting comfort and less edge deformation which could lead to installation issues.

This is interesting, I just looked at mine and it does not have the second set of info. Can you post pictures of the differences?

---------- Post Merged at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:58 PM ----------

This may be the reason some people don't feel the ring at all and some don't like it.

Here are the images.

sitechnopat.jpgsitechpat.jpg

sitechnopatprofile.jpg

sitechpatprofile.jpg

This is interesting, I just looked at mine and it does not have the second set of info. Can you post pictures of the differences?

---------- Post Merged at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:58 PM ----------

This may be the reason some people don't feel the ring at all and some don't like it.
Andy, do you know when your seal was installed?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom