Si Tech Neck Tite - Neck Seal Quick Exchange

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Final version is finally done on the neck. They got the perfect mix and everything to make sure there are zero issues. I saw the final product at DEMA, and we should have the final product in about a month :D

thats great news! but it means i guess i'll have to order my necktite with a plain-old-latex seal for now.

Which means you can just have it as a backup later :wink: That way, if and when your silicon breaks, you didn't have a $50 backup sitting around

Silicon necks are shipping to us tomorrow
04.gif

You can pre-order here, and get inline to get the first ones. These have gone thru rigorous tests to ensure the best product right out of the gate
icosm14.gif

Silicon Neck Seals - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

Hi,
Can I install the system if I already have the DUI zip system in place? Is there some way to remove it? I'm tired of looking like I've tried to kill myself and the BioSeals keep stretching out the latex so I'm leaking anyway. I know other people use the Bio-seals without a problem but after both of my twice used wrist seals ripped and the neck stretched out at least an inch and a half, DUI sent me heavy duty replacement seals and after two days of dry dives, they started leaking and now leak even when I am wearing the BioSeals.:depressed:
Thanks, Hilary

You would need to get rid of the zip system, and install this instead. We have done this many times on others suits :wink: It will save you money in the long run as replacements are a lot cheaper than DUIs.

How are the silicone neck seals holding up with the si tech system now they've been out a month or so....anyone abusing them in caves yet?

How are the silicone neck seals holding up with the si tech system now they've been out a month or so....anyone abusing them in caves yet?

Hopefully your not scraping your neck against the cave :wink: but it should hold up fine under normal diving conditions whether cave or not

Hey Mike

I've been looking at your website with great interest!!!

Can the system be added to any dry suit
I get a new latex seal every year and every time I go on a liveaboard I prey the latex will not rip
So, I figure the silicone neck seal will be a good move

But, my drysuit does not have the ring system
So, can I [myself] install the ring system
and will it involve cutting the actual suit or remove the latex seal and just gluing the ring system into the inside of the neck ?

Thanks very much for your help

Layla

Yes, it can be added to pretty much every suit. I am sure there is something out there that the zipper or the inflate valve gets in the way....but I have not found one yet

No need to worry if latex or even silicon (yes, it can still rip) rips, just pop out the ripped seal and add a new one in a minute or two

The neck system can be installed by you or us. If your a handy DIY person, you can do it with glue or our dry adhesive tape. Most suits don't need to be cut, but some do depending on the neck opening. Most of the time, you can just cut out the old seal, and put in the new system.

Did you see the videos on the dry adhesive tape? What kind of suit do you have? I haven't made any videos that really show 100% how to install these systems. All suits are different, and if you can't figure out the install from what we supply, it might not be up your alley. Now, if you have questions, give me a call...I can run thru it step by step. It usually takes longer to explain how to do it vs. just doing it :wink: After your done, you will think " that was too easy, I must have missed something."

Let me know if you have any questions, I am always here to help...but with the videos, if someone screwed up a suit because their application was different, well...I am sure you can figure that out

Back
Top Bottom